A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twoinone1

07-29-2013

I got an idea about gaining stacks on the bonetooth for the Lane Kitty VS Jungle Kitty. The idea of stacking it by neutral monsters can also be changed to just lesser minions and jungle monsters. The difference between the two is that you will need an "x" number on this to get 1 stack on bonetooth, but neutral monsters will give off more stacks depending on what kind of monster it is. this will make lane Rengar want to last hit more and give more incentive for Rengars team to lettthe last hit on Dragon/Baron go to Rengar, unless you'd like to make those be on assists as well like champion kills/assists.

As for an Idea on the 14 stacks on Rengars bone tooth necklace, you can make it work kinda like Kha'Zix and his empowered ult to where he takes reduced damage while in his ultimate or You can make it to where he can use two different empowered abilities coming out of his ult, because getting 14 stacks on it proved he is the ultimate hunter and has honed his skills to their max, using two different abilities will still allow the option to triple Q but wont allow two of them to be ferocity bonuses or even leading into a quad Q. Having 14 stacks with the double abilities like this will mean he is more dangerous when he sees you alone, because he will be able to snare with the bola and triple q, but will also allow him survive a bit more using empowered roar when there's more than one person around. except the only catch to using this is that he'll need to fill the ferocity bar to the max, or maybe twice to be able to use the double abilities.

emTmyclipin2u

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post

An additional mechanic we will be testing with BTN is allowing Rengar players to build stacks out of neutral monster kills. Currently the amount of neutral monster kills required to build a stack is pretty hefty, which encourages jungle Rengar to invade the enemy jungle to take camps but also hopefully interact with the enemy jungler. This mechanic is still kind of the grey area as well because it might give too many advantages to a jungle Rengar over a lane Rengar and we don't want to make laning Rengar's feel bad for purchasing this item.

If you guys have any thoughts on what epic thing Rengar should get at maximum stacks toss'em out! I look forward to the ideas you guys will give me and Scarizard!
If stacks build off of neutral creeps, it either makes lane too weak, or jungle too strong. I'm ok with spending money on useless stats in machete, especially since it's the same price, but I feel like making stacks build off of jungle creeps forces you to jungle, or to not build it.

As to fourteen stacks, I feel like something that is lasting would be in order. Either that, or possibly opening an upgrade that can be bought in the store that would add in some late game stats, as if you got 14 kills and assists with an average amount of deaths, you can assume that the game is into its later stages, and slot efficiency starts to come into play.

EM Desorientado

07-29-2013

Suggestion(s) for 14 stacks:

Give it the spellblade passive;
Add one extra ferocity to each cast;
It grants % damage (but i know riot, apparently, is against hidden power stuff);
It would be consumed like eleisa's miracle. it would still lose charges but you would have a free slot. = extra stats;

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

i know im late to the party, but i want to throw in my 2 cents on his current state. i faced a rengar support bottom once as caitlyn, and at level 2 (with just a long sword or dorans blade, i forget) he did 90% of my hp in 2 seconds.

also, a different game, i happened to stumble across him at a jungle path. i was jungle yi with wriggles and frozen mallet, so between jungle runes/masteries and wriggles i had some armor, and frozen mallet for hp. i think he has black cleaver and ghostblade, i forget what else. he did at least 75% of my hp (and thats with a mallet!) in about 1.5 seconds with his "triple q" thing, and the remaining hp didnt stand a chance to his other skills and auto attacks. lifesteal? no way that could save me.

this sort of burst is not ok.

rathy Aro

07-29-2013

14 stacks - 5 seconds after his ultimate Rengar is treated as if he's in bushes (MS buff and keeps leaping).

You'd probably have to change the 9 stack one to something else.

Twoinone1

07-29-2013

Oh and Riot is this how you were first asking for Rengar ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3U0udLH974

Speed Racer

07-29-2013

Instead of neutral monster kills, why not make BTN have some interaction with smite? Number of smite kills on neutral monsters could provide stacks (maybe 1 stack per 2 or 3 smite kills)?

Luninareph

07-29-2013

Quote:
Heavy destructive testing will continue for the Empowered Savagery refunding 3 ferocity points play pattern. This past week we found that Rengar was still doing too much damage in too little of a time frame which is a problem we still need to solve within this iteration. This iteration also makes jungle Rengar incredibly resourceful as he can walk away from each creep camp with more ferocity stacks and gank lanes without as much preparation.
I don't really like the sound of this iteration anyway; it doesn't "pop out" at me as being a cool, fun, compelling bonus. If the Savagery bonus is damage-focused, why not make it affect his auto-attacks in a damage-y way afterward? Possibly this has been posited before - I haven't kept up on this thread - but what about making his Savagery bonus additional damage on autoattacks (a la Tiger Stance) or Grievous Wounds (a la Impure Shots,) etc?

Quote:
The 14 stack bonus is still a pretty big grey area as we want Rengar players to reach this epic state at 14 stacks but we don't want them to do so at the cost of making his game play toxic again.
Honestly, "Rocket cat goes ZOOOOOM" sounds like a pretty awesome 14-stack bonus to me. Maybe that should be moved up and something else jungle-focused could go in earlier? Perhaps the Butcher passive or something?

Xeiom

07-29-2013

Quote:
we don't want to make laning Rengar's feel bad for purchasing this item.
How about you give Rengar some "neutral monster stacks" for killing siege minions?

Opponents will then have to try their very best to stop Rengar getting this bonus so it forces the lane opponent to enter the BTN mini-game if Rengar buys it. It also is a good indicator for the opponent jungler that Rengar will likely make himself more vulnerable during Siege waves.
Jungle Rengar may also fancy some siege minion goodness when he ganks but at the end of the day he'll be stealing a reasonable amount of gold from that lane.

lDanthera

07-29-2013

I think that with BTN,Rengar should have vision over walls when he is in a bush limited by his leap radius,so he can have amazing mobility in the jungle jumping past a wall in the neutrals,and it will even help him counter jungling.
It would be interesting even for Top lane Rengar(the way I like to play it),to make amazing plays escaping in the jungle or bringin utility for his team.
That would fit wonderfully mechanicaly and thematic,as he says in hist ult:"Listen"