A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jimmy57

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydesdelca View Post
The counterplay for his ult SHOULD cost money, as does counterplay against other powerful abilities. Armor exists so high AD damage will be curbed, and likewise mr for ap. Oracles exists to entirely counter a stealth champion.

It's the fact that people don't buy oracles once rengar hits level 6 that's wrong, not the fact that he has "no counterplay".

The counterplay is there, Rengar is fine, oracles itself could use a rework, perhaps changed from a consumable to an active to give people more incentive to buy it.

No, you're not even close here.

So your solution is for everyone on the enemy team to have oracles once rengar hits 6 because of how broken he is?

Bottom line is, rengar has a good laning phase followed by a ridiculously scary mid game. Triple Q will 100- nearly anybody on the team.

Even with eve's mechanic (Which I really am not a fan of - I think the stealth is just so off the radar in LoL), at least she doesn't just 100-0 you out of the blue.

Rengar has good sustain, massive damage and a totally sickening ultimate

Draciusen

07-29-2013

Quote:
The counterplay for his ult SHOULD cost money, as does counterplay against other powerful abilities. Armor exists so high AD damage will be curbed, and likewise mr for ap. Oracles exists to entirely counter a stealth champion.

It's the fact that people don't buy oracles once rengar hits level 6 that's wrong, not the fact that he has "no counterplay".

The counterplay is there, Rengar is fine, oracles itself could use a rework, perhaps changed from a consumable to an active to give people more incentive to buy it.
The simple presence of Rengar forces the team into a gold disadvantage because they're constantly in danger of being instagibbed without warning. That's plain not fun.

Riot has to give players reaction time for being jumped by Rengar. That gives them 2 options: Nerf his burst so you have time to escape or throw some abilities in his face, or give a tiny warning symbol that just lets you prepare your anus a few seconds earlier.

Nobody wants Rengar's burst to take a hit (After all, we all love stabbykitty assassin), so the ultimate had to take the blow.

TSP Czernobog

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy57 View Post
No, you're not even close here.

So your solution is for everyone on the enemy team to have oracles once rengar hits 6 because of how broken he is?

Bottom line is, rengar has a good laning phase followed by a ridiculously scary mid game. Triple Q will 100- nearly anybody on the team.

Even with eve's mechanic (Which I really am not a fan of - I think the stealth is just so off the radar in LoL), at least she doesn't just 100-0 you out of the blue.

Rengar has good sustain, massive damage and a totally sickening ultimate
You're the one who isn't even close. If you have oracles, Rengar's ult becomes totally useless. Rengar has a good laning phase, yes, but a ranged champion with a reliable poke who wards the brush will easily zone Rengar.

Of course Rengar's midgame is supposed to be scary, he's a ****ing trophy hunter. He can't 100-0 anyone but the AP mid and the ADC anyways so that's just a sack of bull****.

You can't jungle Rengar as well as other champions because Rengar does not have any viable escapes, and he needs lots of AD to be good at his job of killing the enemy adc.

Do you buy armor so that pesky vayne won't 2 shot you? Yes, yes you do. Buy an oracles when up against Rengar.

Mobilized Boat

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criode View Post
I just read that thread; and can't find a single person expressly against the bonetooth changes or what they're doing.

In fact, most redditors in that thread are supportive of the changes, and just concerned how jungle creep stacking and lane stacking would be balanced.

They seem concerned that jungle rengar will dwarf his stabtabby status in top lane with a stacking mechanic from jungle mobs, but that's a far cry from "Everyone Hates what you are doing" /le 'sigh
Most upvoted comments:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...cklace/cbcid93
"Genuinely curious- does anyone else hate 'stack' items?

Personally, I really hoped they'd rework the idea behind Bonetooth Necklace- stack items by their very nature are always going to emphasise the disparity between bad games and good games. Get ahead early and its a fantastic purchase, get behind and its terrible."
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...cklace/cbcij7r
"I wish they'd leave Rengar alone. He has been the same for so long now. He's fine by me."
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...cklace/cbciwyf
"Just going to go ahead and quote myself

>Q chains sounds even more scary than the current setup, unless the damage is lowered to oblivion.

Prepare for oblivion."
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...cklace/cbcjjpb
"Please stop, Riot."
How is reddit agreeing with Riot here?

Arae

07-29-2013

So Rengar is now broken and OP. After his nerfs I never thought I'd see the day. Good knowing you favorite champion in league history, guess you're getting completely gutted yet again

jimmy57

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deagolosbrahmius View Post
So Rengar is now broken and OP. After his nerfs I never thought I'd see the day. Good knowing you favorite champion in league history, guess you're getting completely gutted yet again

He's getting changed for a decent reason for balance - he offers so little in the way of counterplay, it's just frustrating to go against.

BUT, he is a BLAST to play as, since you can just run around wombo comboing people

Arae

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy57 View Post
He's getting changed for a decent reason for balance - he offers so little in the way of counterplay, it's just frustrating to go against.

BUT, he is a BLAST to play as, since you can just run around wombo comboing people
I guess no one has ever heard of pink wards? It's like when you play vs an evellyn you buy pink wards and insta gib the stealthed assassin because they have to build pure damage to "1 shot" people (and have to be fed to do that)

CanadianGuyEh

07-29-2013

So, for the 14 stacks, I kinda have an idea

I am not 100% fond of the bonetooth necklace giving mobility over damage, I know the item is toxic in that way but i think it should be a mixture of mobility and power

Idk, the idea of "The more people I kill, the faster I go!" just does not make alot of sense to me, maybe its just me. But the concept of "The More people I kill, the more powerful I become" Plus, BTN encourages more of the jungle rengar now then the laning rengar (which is what I play when I play rengar)

However, for the 14 stacks ( this idea is following the concept of mobility) I think that when leaping out of the bush, it grants 1 stack of ferocity, and having a short cooldown so you cant spam it, so maybe a 10 second cooldown? this could set up some nice, acrobatic like combos where you can start "The Q Train" and get those three stacks, bola strike, step into the bush, leap out and now you have 5 stacks and you can start the Q train again, idk its just an idea though

TSP Czernobog

07-29-2013

Quote:
I guess no one has ever heard of pink wards? It's like when you play vs an evellyn you buy pink wards and insta gib the stealthed assassin because they have to build pure damage to "1 shot" people (and have to be fed to do that)
Ikr! These people are just so ****ing dumb if they think Rengar/Stealth champions have no counterplay, holy ****.

Draciusen

07-29-2013

Quote:
You're the one who isn't even close. If you have oracles, Rengar's ult becomes totally useless. Rengar has a good laning phase, yes, but a ranged champion with a reliable poke who wards the brush will easily zone Rengar.

Of course Rengar's midgame is supposed to be scary, he's a ****ing trophy hunter. He can't 100-0 anyone but the AP mid and the ADC anyways so that's just a sack of bull****.

You can't jungle Rengar as well as other champions because Rengar does not have any viable escapes, and he needs lots of AD to be good at his job of killing the enemy adc.

Do you buy armor so that pesky vayne won't 2 shot you? Yes, yes you do. Buy an oracles when up against Rengar.
At least that armor has a use outside of protecting against Vayne with additional bonuses. I fail to see a significant advantage in having an entire team with Oracles when one is more than enough.

Buying a QSS for Zed at least gives you some magic resist and the option to use it on other CCs as well (And upgrading into a Mercurial Scimitar for some damage too). That and there's always the option of preventing him from doing too much damage to you before it detonates.

Quote:
Evelynn has to shove tons and tons of Hate Spikes and auto-attacks into you if she wants to do damage. Might as well complain about Nocturne's ult being too overpowered, without taking into account that he still has to AA plenty of times before you die. There's ample time to react and throw a CC at her or flash away.

Rengar jumps at you and tears apart your health bar in a few seconds with barely any time to react at all.