A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lazersaurus

07-22-2013

Scarizard what do you think about giving rengar ult full stealth while it's active?

for full stealth i mean that he cannot be detected during the duration of the ult unless he attacks,meaning that any true vision ability or item would be efficient

right now rengar is hard countered by pinks and oracles late game,giving to his ult this new perk would make so that rengar woud still be able to freely engage even in the super late game

i mean you are giving a big alert signal and a nerf to hs burst,why not making this little change?,this would make his ult feel more like an ult,instead of a lame movement speed increase

TheBlackDolphin

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazersaurus View Post
Scarizard what do you think about giving rengar ult full stealth while it's active?

for full stealth i mean that he cannot be detected during the duration of the ult unless he attacks,meaning that any true vision ability or item would be efficient

right now rengar is hard countered by pinks and oracles late game,giving to his ult this new perk would make so that rengar woud still be able to freely engage even in the super late game

i mean you are giving a big alert signal and a nerf to hs burst,why not making this little change?,this would make his ult feel more like an ult,instead of a lame movement speed increase
Oracles radius is now the same as his leap so there is an element of surprise. As for pinks try to clear them out with your own oracles if you're really having problems.

hoxE

07-22-2013

Awesome updates, huge thank you to the three of you that have come forward on this. I'm sure it feels bittersweet when you have to filter through the negativity to find real suggestions.

Is the skill shot bola completely out of the picture now? Personally I think since Q is an auto attack, and W an instant aoe, he should have at least one skill shot. I'd love to see it a bit more high risk high reward, it's obviously not going to land as much as the targeted but if it hit harder when it did it would feel so much more rewarding.

With the empowered Q debuff idea you had, what if it had some sort of effects for different finishers? For example, it amplifies the next Q2, but maybe you hit Q2 and get back to 5 ferocity and a W2 has some sort of adverse effect it didn't have before. Or maybe an E2 stuns instead of roots? Just again giving more weight to the decision process of what to "finish" with.

Off topic, I find it amusing how few people even acknowledged the thread Classick posted on and how many people have come out of the woodwork for this one. Ultimately, I think it's awesome that people have shown they care about this champ because he is my favorite thing Riot has made.

NA Darklarik

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDivingPoop View Post
How would it make his jungler better if his Bola ignores minions. His skills are necessary to general ferocity which is what makes rengar strong. Limiting him only 2 sources to generate ferocity in the jungle sounds absurd when they are trying to make him a better jungler.
Jungling involves more than just clearing, its also about Ganking potential. Kills and plays have more effect on the game than having one more point of ferocity for your clearing. I rather they buff the ability and make it a skillshot and make his ganks more powerfull than have it be usable on minions, the effect would be more more usefull. Besides, with the new Q making you be at a permanent 3 ferocity, you reallllly dont need that Bola strike to clear well.

Kawaii Carlos

07-22-2013

Is there a new Rengar skin in the works?

He was released a bit after jayce, draven, and darius who all have new skins post release, so I'm sensing that Rengar will be next after diana?

I'm only asking because I saw Headhunter Rengar on sale, but I don't wanna buy it if a new skin will be released post-rework

ScubaDivingPoop

07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
Jungling involves more than just clearing, its also about Ganking potential. Kills and plays have more effect on the game than having one more point of ferocity for your clearing. I rather they buff the ability and make it a skillshot and make his ganks more powerfull than have it be usable on minions, the effect would be more more usefull. Besides, with the new Q making you be at a permanent 3 ferocity, you reallllly dont need that Bola strike to clear well.
You realize how fragile rengar as a jungler is right now. He clear times are horrible and he becomes very low early levels, and early game clearing jungle is what gets you levels and the start you need to roam and gank. Do you even play rengar or jungle?

Let me give you an example, i jungle Rengar quite a lot in ranked. I start red and intimidate after level 2 Gank top lane with Emp E > Q > E and most of the times if top coordinates well its First Blood. Now you can go back into the jungle to clear and get blue but there's the problem. You have no ferocity and your Q is the only thing that you can use to jungle with and generate ferocity because you want the bola to be a minion ignoring skill shot. How many junglers do you know of that has a skill which ignores creeps and monsters? As a jungler you cant Gank all the time, the opportunity doesn't always present itself sometimes my lanes are pushed and i have no option but to clear the jungle because otherwise I'm wasting my own time and falling behind with bad or failed ganks.

There is nothing wrong with his Bola as it right now besides the mediocre decaying slow, and that can easily be fixed. Why are people trying to over complicate this rework by wanting a skillshot....

Troy242621

07-22-2013

Quote:
You realize how fragile rengar as a jungler is right now. He clear times are horrible and he becomes very low early levels, and early game clearing jungle is what gets you levels and the start you need to roam and gank. Do you even play rengar or jungle?

Let me give you an example, i jungle Rengar quite a lot in ranked. I start red and intimidate after level 2 Gank top lane with Emp E > Q > E and most of the times if top coordinates well its First Blood. Now you can go back into the jungle to clear and get blue but there's the problem. You have no ferocity and your Q is the only thing that you can use to jungle with and generate ferocity because you want the bola to be a minion ignoring skill shot. How many junglers do you know of that has a skill which ignores creeps and monsters? As a jungler you cant Gank all the time, the opportunity doesn't always present itself sometimes my lanes are pushed and i have no option but to clear the jungle because otherwise I'm wasting my own time and falling behind with bad or failed ganks.

There is nothing wrong with his Bola as it right now besides the mediocre decaying slow, and that can easily be fixed. Why are people trying to over complicate this rework by wanting a skillshot....

I jungle Rengar a lot, and can honestly say, he's very restricted as to when he can gank. More so than other junglers. Ironically, though, he's a snowballer, and MUST get kills. We can rule out mid, since he can't reach it and has to literally walk in with no gapcloser. Your only chance is to come in from behind and throw an Ebola snare at them. Top lane they can just avoid the bush, and bot lane they can avoid and ward the bush. That effectively limits your leap to jumping onto a minion to get in range of your target, since it's a rare chance you can jump onto them directly. The range just isn't there to do it mid lane. I mean, until level 6, you have some SERIOUS restrictions, and early game there are a plethora of wards to avoid.

His pre-6 ganks or pre-6 clearing needs help. One or the other.

StriderXplosive

07-22-2013

Hey Scarizard , Any chance that there is a new Rengar skin lurking around the office?

Eliptical Logic

07-22-2013

Hey Scarizard and other Rioters

Aside from buffing/reworking Rengars BTN what about making that rival interaction a tad more fair in Rengar's regards. By this I mean currently if kha zix kills Rengar during the event he immediatly is able to pick up his 4th evolution; while, on the other hand if a Rengar player decides not to partake in trophy "minigame" by not purchasing the BTN he gains nothing (not sure if the quest even activates). Is it possible to make killing khazix reward him the BTN buffs or some scaled down version if the player chooses not to purchase the item?

O yeah and i understand adding def stats to the item is kinda goes against the assaisn fighter thing but what if it just gave Health, Armor, Mr, and some lifesteal or regen. which would be viable for jungle option or top aswell as possibly allow for those ambush utililties.

Hope you read this thanks for your time.

hoxE

07-22-2013

Quote:

What I'd like to see is a skill shot bola that damages minions it passes through (Think Zenith blade)