A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaarrjj

07-21-2013

stabcat, knifecat, any others?

Troy242621

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Ah. I'm trying to be empathetic. I was really worried about this rework, too. So much so that when I heard Scarizard was doing it, we went out to coffee to talk about it for an hour. Then he explained what he wanted to do and why and I felt like it was a good direction.

I was worried Rengar wouldn't be fun the way I wanted to play him anymore. Now after playing around with him, I feel like I might be able to have way more fun him now. The ult warnings means I can use it to make my opponents run away scared if I'm fed without putting myself in danger.

That's psychological power he didn't have before that can save allies.
Please tell me he's still an assassin and not ANOTHER bruiser,....

doublelift fg

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Ah. I'm trying to be empathetic. I was really worried about this rework, too. So much so that when I heard Scarizard was doing it, we went out to coffee to talk about it for an hour. Then he explained what he wanted to do and why and I felt like it was a good direction.

I was worried Rengar wouldn't be fun the way I wanted to play him anymore. Now after playing around with him, I feel like I might be able to have way more fun him now. The ult warnings means I can use it to make my opponents run away scared if I'm fed without putting myself in danger.

That's psychological power he didn't have before that can save allies.
hey xelnath

the range lvl 1 of ultimate is 4000
meanwhile you use it to go on their jungler who is doing blue buff, and suddenly botlane/midlane/toplane are warning of it and they will come.

what do you think about it?

The Shiken

07-21-2013

i have a quick question so Rengar can still triple q since his new Q gives 3 ferocity

Super Explosion

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
Unlike many of the haters, I too, don't mind the ult change.

BUT, please tell us he's still an assassin?? Ritopls?,...We want our assassin cat, not a bruiser,...
Even Kha'Zix will become a bruiser soon. Just a few more tournaments.

After he eats Rengar and Zed, completing his mission, he'll settle down to tea parties with Garen.

Garen understands that they don't make melee less easy to kite.

Vae Victis

07-21-2013

@Xelnath (Scarizard, Wav3Break)

I'm confused as to why you guys are making two significant changes at the same time: that is, nerfing his burst and giving enemies notification of his ultimate.

I understand that the combination of his extremely high triple Q burst and his current, no-warning stealth offers little counterplay and is something you want to change. But it seems to me that to fix it, you only have to alter one of those two elements, not both.

I understand and support the thinking behind the new ultimate. What I don't understand is why, at the same time, you also have to turn him into a Fighter. Now that his stealth has counterplay, what's wrong with leaving him as a high-burst assassin? Why do you have to change him to a sustained-damage fighter at all?

The Dunkmaster

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shiken View Post
i have a quick question so Rengar can still triple q since his new Q gives 3 ferocity
If they keep both current and new triple Q mechanics, there's potential for a slow but damaging quadra Q.

I've already worked out the math for it like 20-40 pages back.

Furi Kuri

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
Please tell me he's still an assassin and not ANOTHER bruiser,....
All they told use is it will take longer to kill people without giving us any number on the AS buff, and AD nerf on Q.

lightdragoon88

07-21-2013

If only you can show us a play video.

It one thing seeing pictures and numbers

It another thing seeing all of it being used in game.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dunkmaster View Post
Assassin playstyle and damage, bruiser stats
That's actually not quite true.

A lot of champions flagged as assassins have better or comparable base stats than him. Eve's the only one he outright outclasses.