A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
...Since when was Rengar an assassin?
Since people build him squishy with damage items and the sole goal of diving soft targets to kill them quickly? "Assassinating" them, as it were.

Quote:
I mean, all assassins have survivability tools to get out after they kill something, but I think having free armor and mr plus a heal made you a bruiser at least..
So Akali is a bruiser now?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

07-21-2013
31 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementalos View Post
I think he's referring to you talking about people sounding "scared and angry". It might not be your intent but it comes across as attempting to belittle their potential concerns.
Ah. I'm trying to be empathetic. I was really worried about this rework, too. So much so that when I heard Scarizard was doing it, we went out to coffee to talk about it for an hour. Then he explained what he wanted to do and why and I felt like it was a good direction.

I was worried Rengar wouldn't be fun the way I wanted to play him anymore. Now after playing around with him, I feel like I might be able to have way more fun him now. The ult warnings means I can use it to make my opponents run away scared if I'm fed without putting myself in danger.

That's psychological power he didn't have before that can save allies.

Super Explosion

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Oh god...

Kha'Zix ate all the other Assassins. D:
Yep.

And they talk about Zed, saying things like "he has too much burst". The Voidreaver sharpening his spines.

But in time, if this keeps up, Riot will consume even Kha'Zix.

Because assassins aren't allowed to assassinate you. They have to fight you toe-to-toe.

And assassins are bad at that in this game.

The Dunkmaster

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
...Since when was Rengar an assassin? I mean, all assassins have survivability tools to get out after they kill something, but I think having free armor and mr plus a heal made you a bruiser at least..
Assassin playstyle and damage, bruiser stats.

He's a complete wreck of a design when it comes down to balancing.

Give him assassin level base stats and keep his damage the same, remove his W stats.

NeverLift

07-21-2013

Please dont make him a jungler that ruins him for all the people who main him right now -.-

ZeroAgainst

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Ah. I'm trying to be empathetic. I was really worried about this rework, too. So much so that when I heard Scarizard was doing it, we went out to coffee to talk about it for an hour. Then he explained what he wanted to do and why and I felt like it was a good direction.

I was worried Rengar wouldn't be fun the way I wanted to play him anymore. Now after playing around with him, I feel like I might be able to have way more fun him now. The ult warnings means I can use it to make my opponents run away scared if I'm fed without putting myself in danger.

damn seems like he put aloot of effort into this well then thxs im a fan of the new q

Super Explosion

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS147cc7e65cd9cdc2ec2cd View Post
Counterplay is great. Except that there's this diseased view within riot that everybody has to have counterplay to everything or that specific counterplay is ALWAYS too strong.
Yes Xelnath, tell us, what is the counterplay to poke and kiting?

Was it, once upon a time, sustain and engage?

But some things may have been nerfed...

KevinDelMarr

07-21-2013

Until we know exact number we won't know how powerful his Q onslaughts are

Rengar could go from 2k damage in 2 seconds to 1.5k damage in 2 seconds
At the same time he could go from 3k damage in 4 seconds to 4k damage in 4 seconds

One of Rengar's innate problems is he has three things people hate the most: stealth, resourceless, and ability resets. To say he can be balanced without having to skew certain attributes is naive.

lightdragoon88

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoMimed View Post
Please dont make him a jungler that ruins him for all the people who main him right now -.-

All 5 of them?

Joking of course but I rarely see Rengar anymore.

The Dunkmaster

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

In a way, I hope he becomes unpopular again so I can have him all to myself.

I'm worried and excited for the rework, and if he's spoken to you about the rework, it makes me feel a lot better.

Can we expect results from play tests from you/Scarizard and new kits/numbers like you're doing with Yorick? Please?

I always love reading the new kits and numbers you've put out for Yorick and Xerath it almost feels like a new champion reveal.

Although if worst comes to worst and he comes out in a bad/unfun state then there's always the refund option through support.