A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Like... I feel like this new Rengar is broken strong now.
What about teamfights? What does he do in teamfights?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

07-21-2013
30 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatCap View Post
1. I absolutely love what you are doing with rengar, i think its super keen, all that fun jazz.

2. I think you should probably avoid making your comments personal, as it just comes off as arrogant. I dont mean to imply that you are arrogant or anything of the sort, but i just felt the need to let you know how youre displaying yourself.
Thanks dude, I appreciate the feedback. Do you mean personal in that I reference specific people when I call them out or when I say things like "I feel Rengar is strong now."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I'll leave it to Wav3break and Scarizard to take credit for the specific buffs. The big ones that jump out to me are the jungling survivability buffs, massive base HP regen increase, W and E damage are increased, the empowered W damage and E root duration are also just shy of double strength.

They've really made him a much better character in exchange for fixing a broken ultimate.

Like... I feel like this new Rengar is broken strong now.

But like typical GD fashion they think it all nerf and Rengar is good as he his....even those those same people don't play him cause he was "overnerfed"


But don't let them stop you from getting the rival you deserve.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementalos

Senior Member

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Thanks dude, I appreciate the feedback. Do you mean personal in that I reference specific people when I call them out or when I say things like "I feel Rengar is strong now."
I think he's referring to you talking about people sounding "scared and angry". It might not be your intent but it comes across as attempting to belittle their potential concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I'll leave it to Wav3break and Scarizard to take credit for the specific buffs. The big ones that jump out to me are the jungling survivability buffs, massive base HP regen increase, W and E damage are increased, the empowered W damage and E root duration are also just shy of double strength.

They've really made him a much better character in exchange for fixing a broken ultimate.

Like... I feel like this new Rengar is broken strong now.
The fact that you think he's good is a bit comforting, but I'm still concerned that most of those changes sound like bruiser buffs.
Quote:
But like typical GD fashion they think it all nerf and Rengar is good as he his....even those those same people don't play him cause he was "overnerfed"
Balance really isn't a huge concern at this point. I'm pretty sure whatever they make they can eventually make good and viable. The concern here is that what we end up getting might feel more like Renekton than Kha'zix. That instead of stacking damage and diving a target to maul them quickly we'll be building sunfire and spirit visage and running around soaking damage and being disruptive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dunkmaster View Post
Why can't you remove his tankiness then? People have suggested his Battle Roar shouldn't give defensive stats and more offensive stats, remove his heal and replace it with a % amount of more damage or armor reduction for everyone in the radius who was hit?

We want to kill people in 2-4 seconds, not kill them in 5-6 seconds like what is planned.
Because Riot has slowly deleted assassins from the game, leaving sustained DPS to reign supreme.

The competitive 'assassins' in the game? Still have tons of burst and/or tons of other utility like poke. (Kha'Zix.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS147cc7e65cd9cdc2ec2cd

Junior Member

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

Either way, it seems like you already have made up your mind before playing it. Counterplay is a good thing for a character. Rengar getting away without warning for so long is why he's been nerfed to the level he's at now.
Counterplay is great. Except that there's this diseased view within riot that everybody has to have counterplay to everything or that specific counterplay is ALWAYS too strong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

Senior Member

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Thanks dude, I appreciate the feedback. Do you mean personal in that I reference specific people when I call them out or when I say things like "I feel Rengar is strong now."
Does the silence regarding the matter mean that you are, indeed, turning him into a bruiser instead of an assassin? I'd like to reiterate and emphasize the letdown that'd be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

07-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Because Riot has slowly deleted assassins from the game, leaving sustained DPS to reign supreme.

The competitive 'assassins' in the game? Still have tons of burst and/or tons of other utility like poke. (Kha'Zix.)
Oh god...


Kha'Zix ate all the other Assassins. D:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-21-2013

Can you maybe give an approximate distance what its current radius is at? OR is that nor able to be revealed yet? ( like units or another ability as an example?) just curious itd really help for future planning


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

Senior Member

07-21-2013

...Since when was Rengar an assassin? I mean, all assassins have survivability tools to get out after they kill something, but I think having free armor and mr plus a heal made you a bruiser at least..