A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nightmarex98

07-19-2013

i prefer lane rengar, jungle rengar too squishy, and he's great for dealing with op tops like jayce, kennen.

The MechE

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Catching this before i leave - i think something like this sounds really cool. I know i mentioned earlier that we were looking at +MS% in brush. What do people think about similar version?

'Rengar gains X movement speed while not visible to the enemy team (or out of combat). This bonus is doubled while Rengar is in brush.' ?

A lot of the bonetooth ideas specifically have been pretty interesting - Wav3break's heavy lifting is going to be focused on BTN, but i'll make sure to keep passing these along.
I like this idea, but won't Rengar be able to know where the enemy has warded due to a %MS buff either being present or not depending on if the enemy can see him?

Fishywtf

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesh Snorkel View Post
E is the mathematically superior skill to level in every use case but one. W provides the most utility, and the same base damage increases per level as Q; anybody who spends five minutes reading Rengar's ability gains per level will understand that in almost every situation, and certainly in all normal lane situations, leveling R>E>W>Q is the superior route in both potential (and, of course, real) damage, utility, and survivability.

I generally rush Brutalizer and Kindlegem - I can have Brutalizer as early as 6 minutes in or as late as 10 minutes, and I almost always have Brutalizer/Kindlegem/Bonetooth/Boots by 15 minutes. Kindle and Brut gives you almost max CDR for the lane phase (32% with 4% from Masteries and whatever % from Runes). If you get 3 stacks that early in the game, you're at 37% without wasting any money on stats you don't want, or missing out on anything super important in your Rune and Mastery page.

With near max CDR, you can spam your E every 5-8 seconds in lane. If you make use of your ferocity correctly, you can throw an E every 3-5 seconds. Once you have some levels in E and some CDR from items, you can start at 4 ferocity and E>wait 2 seconds>Emp E>W>Q>walk away>E. This happens at very little opportunity cost to Rengar. You don't even need to get in range to auto attack or Q, you can simply E>wait 2 seconds>Emp E>W at range>wait 2 seconds>E. If the champ you are facing isn't ranged, or doesn't have a gap-closer, congrats, you just took half their HP and they couldn't touch yours. E is Rengar's highest base damage ability, has a very forgiving range, is not a skill shot, and slows the enemy target, making a follow-up on their end difficult. It's probably the best single trading/harrassing ability in the game, and it is spammable and costs no resources.
Please don't say that maxing E is better than maxing over Q lol... I've done the math and level 5 Q out scales level 5 E when you have over 125+ AD. Finding and stacking AD is really easy you can get over 120 ad or more in under 20 minutes. And when you have already maxed out E you then max W which then caps away your POTENTIAL damage. By going Q>E>W you hit full your maximum damage. By going Q>W>E you hit the balanced spot by having survivability and close to max damage potential. Q is for global dominance and E is for lane dominance. The math doesn't lie!

Jdigweeder

07-19-2013

Perhaps it was raised before, so excuse me if I re-iterate other ideas.

Regarding the necklace - currently it's a good item if you get rolling but is pretty useless if you're behind as it just puts you farther behind due to expense.
I think that if the necklace could hold buffs similar to Nunu's consume from jungle creeps it would become an item unique to Rengar which holds merit even when behind in the game.

You get the buffs from killing the jungle creep only when you own the necklace meaning that roaming the jungle becomes part of the Rengar experience as farming jungle creeps will buff the necklace (for a given time).

The Ral Zarek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2013

Bola Strike ..skillshot would be okay..more dmg pls more slow
Empowered Bola Strike ...he throws 3 bolas in a cone like shape like khazix upgraded w
but would i think would be really cool is if it was a skill shotut that had a crescent like diana...sort of like a curved bola strike....would make the champ high skill cap and in lane he could use it to dodge minions.. just a suggestion
ANOTHER SUGGUESTION: can rengar's ult be made into two parts...by that i mean he can come in with stealth and in X seconds he can recast to re enable stealth.....so if rengar makes a mistake..in a teamfight fore example.. he can re stealth and potentially have an escape route..so he wont feel useless

Alright: I mentioned this many times before but it seems that people haven't noticed it so here I go again...I feel like Thrill of the Hunt should let you target one enemy in said range of his ultimate....this will completely deny that one person that is chosen as the prey all vision of rengar....the rest of the enemy will still notice him if he walks by a ward or something.. but the chosen prey will not...you are wondering if this is OP but there is counter play to this and that is the enemy team watching their minimap or their map in general and warding

n1t0r

07-19-2013

Definite yes to skill-shot bola. Should target like a normal skill shot (think Nidalee spear).

I think Empowered Bola Strike should change the targeting mechanic to an AOE skill shot like Lux's E, so it's guaranteed not to miss, and it will have more team utility as previously mentioned.

Bonetooth building out of machete is also brilliant.

As a Rengar fan, these changes sound awesome. I think the jungle is a good fit for him, his clear speed just needs to be increased. I thinking giving him more team utility will help him in that respect as well.

aces2kj

07-19-2013

I dont think bonetooth should build out hunters machete because in lane a hunters machete is kind of useless so you would basically be buffing his jungle but nerfing his laning if it can build out of a sword and a hunter machetes then im all for it but if its just a hunters machete i dont think it would be a good change.

Dog Rush

07-19-2013

I am strongly disagree that the enemy will know when rengar is using his ult.
Rengar ultimate skill need time to get the skill point, getting the sound effect will make the enemy know and they will fall back. And it is ridiculous that they can see rengar when rengar is close. THIS IS A BIG NERF. It will turn rengar into rubbish.
This cannot compare with norturne's ult. Cause he got a darkness effect. But how about rengar? GOT NTH! and you plan to make it alert all enemies? and they can know which lane he is going to?
That is non-sense.
About the Q, you nerf his damage. The damage of Q is the soul of rengar. and you planning to nerf it.
And told everybody that is a buff?
Don't put rengar into a grave again! Please! Dont kill it again! Please!

Windstorm

07-19-2013

I'm really liking a few things out of this thread so far.

as a preface, I main jungle, and kha'zix is still one of my favorite jungle assassins to play (when game/comp allow). however the lack of rengars to eat has made me sad. I also own rengar and have wanted to jungle him for a while, but his current playstyle just really doesn't lend itself well to jungling. if he wants to be effective, he needs kill-feed.

on to what I like out of here:

Bola Strike becoming a skillshot - I think this has a LOT of potential, as it allows for the skill to be stronger and more gratifying while maintaining power balance (no longer as easy to hit) but does have the added advantage of giving rengar a way to CHECK BUSHES (and not with his face). that said, the CC component would have to be stronger to make up for the miss chance/range. it would evoke that chasing down prey/skilled hunter style that seems to be the goal.

Bonetooth Being made out of machete - I also like this, as it gives a jungle rengar multiple viable buildpaths and as long as the necklace keeps the machete passive (or the boosted version thats on the spirit stone) then it will be a very nice option to have, without really hurting his lane. I do agree with the suggestion to make the BTN stack on kill (not assist) of baron/dragon. this rewards good jungle play, rewards rengar for being a very aggressive jungler as an assassin should be, and also offers incentive to use rengar's stealth/leap capability to attempt to steal objectives. it doesn't hurt lane rengar, but would give him an incentive to join objective teamfights instead of sticking to a lane, again promoting good play.

so far it looks like these changes are finally getting rengar closer to where he was meant to be kit and playstyle wise, while also strengthening the theme of the champion, good work Scarizard and wave!

Dog Rush

07-19-2013

When a lion strike, it wont tell their prey.
A hunter will keep their achievement forever, please change his item to non-snowball too.