A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iridos

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
Dude, they are gonna make his ult literally twice as good.

its getting a 5 second duration boost, Almost 3x the Reveal range, DOUBLE the movement speed, AND will have a shorter cooldown.

I actually like the idea of a notification, lets the enemy know im about to eviscerate them. Crowning moment of: "Oh shiiiiiit..... Im screwed"
Might be twice as good numerically... doesn't mean it will be twice as effective. Stronger, sure... a bit. But... well, I feel like Riot is sacrificing champion effectiveness on the altar of "this is cool." You might like the feeling of letting the enemy know that you're about to kill them, but does it actually help you to kill them? No...

HiveCommander

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
I actually like the idea of a notification, lets the enemy know im about to eviscerate them. Crowning moment of: Quick guys, let's group, drop a pink ward and/or hug a tower so that silly Lion's wasted his ult
ftfy

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2013

Im REALLY liking that Q-Train idea, it will feel badass and bursty. Im really working forward to this Scarizard, don't fail us! We want badass hunter Rengar!

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2013

I don't think the "while out of vision" is a good idea. While Kha'zix's passive comes up when he's out of vision, it comes up once. If Kha'zix runs into a bush from lane and doesn't get his passive he knows there's a ward there, but as soon as he pops out of vision he doesn't get to check any more wards. If Rengar can watch his movespeed he should be able to immediately know whenever something is warded and I don't know that he needs that power.

Shinjusuke

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapthebeast View Post
make bonetooth necklace more expensive and be more rewarding to make it something that is unique instead of a 800 gold brutalizer. Also i would like to make him gain some kind of health base stat increase to help his jungler sustain because it isnt very good as of now. Also i think triple q needs to stay in the game to keep rengar at a high skill cap. I prefer him being played as an assassin and not as a tank
High skill cap. Cute lol
While I agree with the rest of your lovely statements, being able to abuse a gimmicky glitch doesn't make him high skillcap. He's an easy champion, and the hardest thing to learn about him is a glitch that shouldn't even exist lol

Zørrøt

07-18-2013

This is just a suggestion...

But what if his Empowered Bola became sort of like Windrunner's Shackleshot, where it ties an enemy to a piece of terrain.

And if two enemy champions are near each other when Empowered Bola Strike goes off, they are tied to each other.

And if there is no terrain in the vicinity they just suffer a root like the current Empowered Bola Strike.

Just my two cents.

Kovah

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
Bola strike skill shot would be fantastic. Maybe for his empowered bola strike he can throw three in a row, gives him team utility while also being a skillshot so its not too op.

z7opherz

07-18-2013

Always thought Bola shot should be a skill shot that snares its enemies in place, works better with idea and hero click spells in general offer little counter play. Its damage can be toned down or up for reflect the level of snare decided.

How would you guy feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

If Empowered Bola could Snare + snag another hero in a line together this would offer alot of fun and allow rengars ult to set up some team fight potential instead of instagibbing some poor soul. Similar to lux snare but two heroes would be pulled into the center.

BoneTooth necklace?

I think idea of hunters machete build is brilliant but ditch the armour pen that stat is disgusting too strong early, like others have said having bonus movement out of combat sounds more in line and removing CD is probably good idea since its too powerful on character no resources like Rengar. I like the stack item but feel it should just provide more maybe more defensive bonuses to keep a lead instead of snowballing one with stacks.

Good luck and long live stab kitty. Pls dont kill him I just bought a skin D:

Persona J

07-18-2013

"How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there . "

Building out of machette is a good idea. bola strike would be good as a skillshot if you can increase the range, the range has always been it's problem. Or you could have a bonus from BTN be that the range of Bola is increased. But having it as a wide skillshot that can catch a bunch of people would be pretty cool.

Vivi R66

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
I would also like to ask some questions:

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

1 - I feel that, if is has a good range, and the slow doesnt decay (or stays much longer), its a great thing to have. Would feel like Elise E on that case: get it and you are in a lot of pain from her combo. Would also nerf Lane Rengar as he wouldnt be able to jump and harass you by maxing E first (he would be able to, but wouldnt be that easy anymore)

2 - Dunno, if it becomes a great initiation skill, sounds great for Jungle Rengar , and i am ALL ABOUT Jungle Rengar, was my fave champ until only Lane Rengar was viable.

3 - Yes for Jungle Rengar \o/

And about new Q, sounds awesome, i hope it works out :3