A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kizuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?
NO.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

It is perfect as it is. Please DO NOT change that. Seriously zero need to fix what isn't broken.

scarytiger

07-18-2013

What would you guys think about adding a sort of gap closer to rengar's roar?

I mean, people are talking about weirdly activating Jump when you go into FOW, but why not go full "IM COMING ATCHA", yell into the sky, and jump on a squishy?

it makes sense thematically, gives the other guys a bit of warning, and wouldnt get strange accidental activation when you lose sight lines.
obviously some changes would have to be made to the roar so that it wasnt wasted by being out of range, but just spit balling)

DarkoHellbane

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
To clarify - i'm still interested in Bonetooth being a stack item that works on kills and assists. As a trophy hunter, it's pretty key to who he is as a character and the reason it was implemented in the first place. My big issue however, is that right now it's purely a snowball item with only one really interesting augment.

I'm interested in exploring a bonetooth with less AD/stats (the 5% cdr and 10 flat armor pen) and as a tool that is more aspirational for Rengar - an item that opens up and accentuates the part of Rengar's stalking/predatory gameplay instead of just letting him kill you harder. For instance, one idea Wav3 and i have been talking about is retuning his '+25 Movement Speed' all the time to '+X% Movement Speed in Brush' - would the combination of that passive alongside the Leap Range increase or others like it make you more effective at lane-ganking? Would you want to take care to fight in the jungle instead of in the lanes? The item would still have enough stats to be worth a slot imo, but the main interest i have is with the effects and if we have an opportunity to take something that is currently a 'win-more' item and turn it into something unique for his play experience overall.
I was thinking of an "active" when you get max stacks, to allow you to pounce. With reduced stats across the board.

I'm not a rengar main, but I just want to throw whatever I can out there to improve him.

Pokelol

07-18-2013

Will bonetooth cost the same and still provide the scaling ad. I main rengo top lane and all this jungle rengo talk is scaring me. Maybe have it build out of machete and a long sword and have a 100g recipe cost.

Theorycrafter

07-18-2013

Quote:
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

Depends on the reward. It could be line AoE CC for it, something like Ezreal's Essence Flux type of line to tie a few people together. I think E being a skillshot it's a good idea cause it would take away a lot of free toxic harass Rengar can put out.

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

Didn't notice this one before I responded to the earlier question. I believe the empowered ver could be line AoE CC while his normal E would be a single target type(like a Mundo cleaver type)

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Excellent. Please make sure in internal testing that it's actually an even option with top lane Rengar. Currently the jungle Rango feels a lot weaker than top.

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
Here you go

Warmogs

07-18-2013

Can you work on Mundo / take away Mundo's matchete suggestion Summoners Rift. [Try jungling Mundo you will understand]

About Rengar, I beleive he is a jungler, but in order to do this maybe make his Q deal 2 strikes instead of one, half the damage and a bit longer cool down. This way Rengar can use his Q to clear small monsters in jungle and he will also get 5 stacks more quicker. [Since each Q would give one stack]. It also takes away the large early level 1 burst but makes him have more presence in team fights aswell.

Fae Sorceres

07-18-2013

Can you just not ****ing change Rengar? Jesus christ, Riot never ****ing listens.

TROUNCE

07-18-2013

Quote:
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
I think that if Bola had an increased hit radius like Kha'zix evolved void spikes but on an Empowered Bola strike has potential and would definitely help his jungle speed and wave clear

Outshine

07-18-2013

Quote:
Maybe if you make it better, but I like it how it is really.

Quote:
please yes, thats what I dont like about rengar currently he takes out one person then the team comes and boom you are dead.

Quote:
That sounds awesome.

TROUNCE

07-18-2013

Bola skill shot sounds good if similar to void spikes