A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

idrinkyourblood

07-18-2013

What about the Rengar combo BUG? It's possible to do a "2x (empowered) Q + normal Q + 2xW + 2xE combo" (with ultimate). The most common abuse is the "double q, double w, double e combo". This requieres no ultimate and at least 2 fury to execute. Yeah exactly that is how a no-item rengar can 1 shot someone. I've seen a diamond rengar 1 shoting people with only mobility boots.
It works like this (create a game and try it, it takes practice):
1) Start at 2 fury. (also works at 3 and 4 fury but 2 fury is easy)
2) Now combo an enemy (u can try this by jumping from bush to golems) by pressing "qwe" (use smartcast) and then when you get the 5 fury (here comes bug) you press "qwe" at the same time (bola will not trigger if u "right-click" and "e" at the same time).
3) You can check if u have done the abusive combo correctly if u started at 2 fury and ended at 2 fury. This means you have casted 6 spells: 1 empowered cast free+ 5 casts 1 fury each.

Khelangren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuturtleman View Post
What if you made rengar's W with ferocity destroy projectiles on their way to him? That would give him an "ideal time to use it" and he would have a real use for it late game. On top of that it would give the player a viable option to use when jumping into the enemy team while staying very situational.
Why stop at destroying projectiles? Why not reflect projectiles so that a well-timed W can get enemies to snare/stun/damage themselves?

KinjiKing

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
interesting perhaps but the interaction with wards might be a bit to advantageous for rengar and his team. I mean that he will know if an area is warded because he will suddenly move slower. It would have to be an out of combat effect to make sure that rengar doesnt get to unbalanced with what i just mentioned. The bigger issue i see though is that there are champs with similar movement speed effects as their passive already, MF with strut and Nidalee with Prowl. Giving Rengar Both of these bonuses will lessen the value of the girls passives and make them feel like cheap knockoffs IMO.
I agree 100% with the ward stuff but the buff to his movement speed i feel like it needs to happen. Yes your right about Nidalee and MF but please keep in mind that he is a jungler and as such he needs to be able to get around the map fast to support his teem. I also feel like this will help his early jungling/ganking. Maybe not a Nidalee or MF buff but something to help would be nice. ^_^

MelloRed

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I suspect it will be slightly OP with this version, but we can always tune. One idea we had is to slightly lower the damage further of Empowered Savagery, but instead have it apply a debuff making your next Emp. Savagery deal 50% more damage (probably only stacks 3 times?).
Why not simply armor shred?

3 feroicity and reduce the target's armor by 5% for 6 seconds, stacks 5 times.
Now your rewarded for sticking to the target.

Skill shot on the bola sounds right. Though i would make it a brief root.
Empowered bola might be a pass though skill shot?
Or maybe throw out 3 bola's in a cone?
Or a automatically target the 3 nearest champs?

ModAbuseFriday

07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wav3Break View Post
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

I would also like to ask some questions:

How would you guys feel about Bola Strike being a skill shot?

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
I love the idea of Bola strike being a skillshot. I'm just wondering if Rengars skillceiling would be a bit too high, and therefore harder to balance. The reason Bola strike is a targeted abillity is because you'll always be able to rack up your ferocity points as long as you're within range.

Hunters Machete is for Boonetooth is perfect, i love it, fits the theme, and gives him a pluss for the jungle which fits him the best.

Troy242621

07-18-2013

Quote:
Just to buffer Scarizard's post, I am currently tuning the new "Q-Train" destroyer knife cat damage window and I'm not gonna lie, this thing feels freaking awesome to pull off. You will knife more than you ever could and stab peoples faces like no tomorrow. Now time to balance and test it more :P. Again everything is subject to change.

How would you guys feel about Empowered Bola Strike bringing a little bit more team utility?

P.S. I think Bone Tooth is feeling pretty healthy building out of a Hunter's machete for all of you jungle Rangos out there .

Continue to give us great ideas guys we will continue to iterate and try our best to make sure Rengar becomes an awesome and healthy character!
While I'm very happy you're giving Jungle Rengar some attention, HEAR ME OUT, I'm not exactly happy with the changes right now. Believe it or not, it's not the ultimate change that I'm hung up on. It's the Savagery change. I LOVE Rengar and everything about him, but if he gets changed into a tanky DPS, I probably won't be playing him much anymore. A tanky DPS is exactly what it sounds like you want Rengar to be. You stated you want him to take 5-6 seconds to kill, he lost his surprise attack and now this? Q's damage got nerfed, but he can CHAIN Q's together? Assassins don't want to sit there and spend 7 seconds comboing their mini-damage nukes together. Rengar doesn't have that kind of time, and he DOESN'T have any form of escape. The second he dives, he gets PILED ON and focused down. This incarnation of Rengar will be EVEN WORSE for the assassin build.

I'm not sure if that's what you're GOING FOR, but I can promise it'd be a huge letdown for a LOT of Rengar fans, which I proudly consider myself a part of. Look, Rengar's a hunter. He kills his prey quickly after stalking it. That's the epitome of an assassin. Please don't make him a bruiser,....

Also, as for the Thrill of the Hunt change, I personally would strongly recommend you stick to a theme of "Am I being hunted by Rengar right now?,..." instead of Nocturne's style of "OH SH*T, Rengar is hunting right now! RETREAAAATT," as the latter appeals more to a tanky bruiser DPS style, which once again, I and many other Rengar players would strongly discourage. The former appeals to more of an assassin Rengar, but still allows for counterplay.

2xHero

07-18-2013

I don't really like turning Bola Strike into a skill shot. The point-and-click casting is part of what makes his jungling so strong and his combos reliable. It would really suck to miss out on a ferocity bonus because you missed your Bola Strike. It would also be kind of awkward when you are pouncing around. For example, pouncing to a minion would require you to run around the minion before you can chuck your Bola Strike. The extra time it would take would really hurt his ganking power.

I don't quite understand what you mean by giving Empowered Bola Strike more team utility. Do you mean making it AoE, or debuffing enemy armor or something? I would like to see it stay more of an assassination tool.

aces2kj

Recruiter

07-18-2013

If his E gets made into a skill shot that doesnt avoid unit collision then it should be changed and make unempowered E root the target and Empowered E increase the duration and make it hit multiple targets
These changes will allow his E as a skillshot to feel rewarding and make you feel like like a true hunter and also what kind of bola slows if you know what a bola does in real life it stops a target from movement so this would make more sense than a slow its a bola for christ sakes thats what they do

InfamAce

07-18-2013

Quote:

I think a skill shot bola would be neat, it would help better divide good from great Rengar players, but the skill could use longer range or more slow if it became skill shot.

About the Q-Train, how about when you use Q2 you gain a stack, each time you use Q2 you get another stack, each stack reduces the next Q2 damage by 10% or 15% stacking 3 or 5 times, wears off after 5-7 seconds.

ScubaDivingPoop

07-18-2013

Please dont make his Bola a skill shot...