How to convince someone it's better to play without cameralock

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaxGLaDiamigger

07-15-2013

It's pretty simple I think. I play with my girlfriend and she insists, from back when she played WoW, that her hotkeys should be set to 1-4 for spells and 5-6 for summoners. items are on the row below. Tbh I don't see a problem in this, it only affects her commonly missed ults, but what I really want to teach her to do is to learn how to play without camera-lock. She can't ziggs ult from a good distance or nocturne or any other global spells very well.

Anyway, I don't want to offend her. She already gets mad when she jungles and I tell her blue is up or that maybe she should ward their red or something. I'm simply asking, in a less simple way, how do I convince my girlfriend that she should play without camera lock.

TL;DR How convince someone to play without cameralock?

Her current excuse to not is, "I'm already good, why would i need to change how I play?"

Hi Guys I Suck

07-15-2013

Ive seen plenty of pro players play with camera locked, just unlocking during long range skillshots or on awkward angles from purple side

Shiranui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2013

tell her she's bad and that pro's never ever use camera lock. Make her watch steams of good players. Only time to camera is to quick center champion

Mannerly Gent

07-15-2013

I play with camera lock on blue side and unlocked on purple side tbh.

Narssisstic

07-15-2013

Teach her the art of spacebar.

IdkiPickedaName

07-15-2013

I told my friend to start playing w/camera lock on because he sucks at moving the camera and controlling his character at the same time.

I don't see the problem w/playing w/camera lock on. You can move the camera by clicking your mini map so semi global abilities aren't to hard to use honestly, at least that's how I remember camera lock working. Camera lock might be easier for her to use man, there's nothing wrong with playing w/camera lock on.

Yorgie

07-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxGLaDiamigger View Post
It's pretty simple I think. I play with my girlfriend and she insists, from back when she played WoW, that her hotkeys should be set to 1-4 for spells and 5-6 for summoners. items are on the row below. Tbh I don't see a problem in this, it only affects her commonly missed ults, but what I really want to teach her to do is to learn how to play without camera-lock. She can't ziggs ult from a good distance or nocturne or any other global spells very well.

Anyway, I don't want to offend her. She already gets mad when she jungles and I tell her blue is up or that maybe she should ward their red or something. I'm simply asking, in a less simple way, how do I convince my girlfriend that she should play without camera lock.

TL;DR How convince someone to play without cameralock?

Her current excuse to not is, "I'm already good, why would i need to change how I play?"
Tell her it's because otherwise she'll never be as good as you, a man.

It'll cut deep.

Hotahdek

07-15-2013

You can see Caitlyn's auto attackss

Cynth

07-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiranui View Post
tell her she's bad...
I hope your couch is comfortable.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdkiPickedaName View Post
You can move the camera by clicking your mini map so semi global abilities aren't to hard to use honestly
That doesn't work, the moment you stop holding your click on the minimap, it goes back to your character. You literally can't move the map and aim a spell at the same time while playing with a locked camera.

12345 ... 8