Quints for Crit rune page

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sirsir94

12-26-2013

So I'm thinking of rune pages and I honestly don't know which quints to use with this one. I will only use it with Ashe, Trynd, and Yasuo. I'm going with Crit damage Marks, Armor and MR per level. Problem is both MSpd and Lifesteal go very well with everyone.
Ashe has no escape, Trynd is a jungler, and Yasuo is... Yasuo.
Ashe is an ADC, Lifesteal would help Trynd sustain even more in the jungle, and Yasuo builds lifesteal and this would make his lane phase stronger.
So which one do I pick?

Madraac

12-26-2013

I do not think it is ever wise to use crit reds, but if you choose to, I would still go with AD Damage Quints then or lifesteal.

Lifesteal always helps in the early part of the game and can let you recover from a mistake quicker without have to leave lane. Damage Quints are also common and effective in the early game.

MS are always a safe pick if you do not know the champs you are facing or only have IP for one set for the time being. MS are my default Quints for numerous lanes and almost always used for jungling so I can counter gank or jungle as needed when possible.

StealWolverine

12-26-2013

LS quints for trynd. best bet for top and jungle trynd.
as marks are generally better than crit damage though.

Hippo77

12-26-2013

Don't use Crit marks, they won't help you that much on Tryndamere, who scales better with attack speed. You can even go attack speed glyphs.
AD or lifesteal quints are still best for Trynd.

For Yasuo, I think still, AD Quints, AD Marks. Crit isn't going to help your early game not suffer and you'd want AD as your Q has an AD ratio anyways.

Melvear

12-26-2013

Yasuo can make use of crit runes because they're worth double. Just make sure you don't put too much in relative to what items you plan to buy on him (typical build being shiv+IE, you need 5% crits in runes to get 100%)

Unless they changed them, crit damage runes have always been mathematically proven to be worse than any other dps options. Stick with AD or Armor Pen for marks, and AD or LS or Armor Pen for quints.

Bottom lane is very trade heavy, having LS quints really helps sustain and stay in lane longer.

newbin

12-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post

Unless they changed them, crit damage runes have always been mathematically proven to be worse than any other dps options. Stick with AD or Armor Pen for marks, and AD or LS or Armor Pen for quints.

Bottom lane is very trade heavy, having LS quints really helps sustain and stay in lane longer.
This guy has it right. Honestly, Crit damage runes are just bad compared to other options. They are only good for FUN just messing around trying to get insane high crits on GP and tynde.

You would have to have 75% plus crit chance and have enough pen to ignore any armor they have for it to be viable.

Sirsir94

12-27-2013

Ok, so Lifesteal seems to be the most popular option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Yasuo can make use of crit runes because they're worth double. Just make sure you don't put too much in relative to what items you plan to buy on him (typical build being shiv+IE, you need 5% crits in runes to get 100%)

I mean crit DAMAGE runes, not crit % chance. The way I build Yas already goes slightly over the cap so it would be kind of stupid for me to use those XD

I know its not the most viable thing in the world, but I'm trying to come up with something to do with one of these extra rune pages. So far I've got ADC, AP Mana, AP def, AD def, and mixed damage. Anyone else come up with anything?

Madraac

12-27-2013

I have 10 rune pages, of which 3 or 4 are designed for multiple champs that I dabble in, the rest are built for specific champs in roles I play in ranked.

Your final rune page for both Tryn and Yasou could be nearly the same, but I recommend you modify them to specific lanes / champs. Sort of like masteries, each champ may need a slightly different spread here or there. Do not waste your IP on useless runes, when you could save some and buy a new champ to learn for fun.

(I only wish I knew to not buy Tier 1 and 2 runes much earlier in my playing League.)

Kouga

12-27-2013

Competitively speaking, yes, LS quints are a must-have these days. I see this as a shortcoming - any item/rune/mastery that is required like that indicates a balance issue. In this case its because so many other forms of sustain, including spell vamp and all healing abilities have been nerfed into the ground, making Lifesteal broken in comparison; in addition it synergizes well with Hydra which I think has been a little too efficient of an item, considering almost every single bruiser rushes it right now.

However, I also play LoL for fun, and crit damage runes can be very fun. I prefer to go Damage over Chance because all of those champs you mentioned have ways of getting high crit chance naturally; Tryn's fury, Ashe's Focus, and Yasuo's passive means they all have a very easy time getting crits. Plus, you can itemize for 100% crit chance quite easily. With 100% crit chance, IE (+25% damage) and full crit damage runes (45.5%) you're looking at 295% AD on a critical strike.

However running full crit damage means you have 0 sustain, 0 defenses, 0 anything until late late game. Theoretically, if you had two ADs with Full Item builds, the one with crit damage runes would win, but its unlikely they would be able to get to that point.

Still, I like running BankPlank now and then just for fun.