What support should I learn next?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxel

12-26-2013

Ahoy- I'll keep this post short and sweet. I first started off playing as Alistar and Taric, and times were good. Then, the preseason came through and I started playing support Zilean to some amazing success. (wrote a guide cos I was super confident in my abilities- shameless plug: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...h-guide-362357 )

Then, a friend of mine gifted me Thresh and an Annie skin, so I played around with them quite a bit.

I need some guidance as for another Support champion to play. I really like the aggressive-style champs as you may have noticed, but I feel that, to be safe, I should get another style under my belt.

My question for you, reader, is... Who's a good support to learn other than the list I've given you? Or... Are any of the champions that I listed viable to be played more passively and still be effective with their kit?

Thanks in advance for your time.

blah222

12-26-2013

I really enjoy nami. You can harass pretty well with her w, and her q can set up plays. Once you hit 6, it is really easy to force an engagement. Late game, her cc keeps her relevant.

Luxel

12-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah222 View Post
I really enjoy nami. You can harass pretty well with her w, and her q can set up plays. Once you hit 6, it is really easy to force an engagement. Late game, her cc keeps her relevant.
I haven't been very good with Nami, but I guess that I can keep giving her a try. Doesn't she play rather aggressively, though? I'm curious about more passive or defensive supports.

Akromah

12-27-2013

Annie is killing the meta right now. You can carry while supporting. That doesn't seem like your style then so I'll support the Nami suggestion.

Nami you can play passively or aggressively but I think she tends to be a more traditional aggressive support. She's pretty flexible though and her counter initiation at 6 is pretty wicked.

Zyra is a pretty good option. Super potent but very fragile so it requires delicate precision.

If you wanna mix it up you can try Volibear. He's pretty potent and has a lot of utility. He can be exploited vs poke/kite comps though.

Pretty much any AP in the game can support atm and each have their own advantages. My friend Brand supports religiously. It's super hard to gank because when you gank you move away from creeps and Brand ult blows ya up. I've had success as Veigar support, Nid support, Leblanc support and a bunch of others. I suggest just trying different combos and going to town. Keep in mind anything with a stun is going to be ideal.

vortical42

12-27-2013

Really the answer depends on what you mean by 'passive'. Are you referring to a support who is good at protecting teammates by disrupting the enemy (ie. peeling)? Or are you looking for supports who focus on keeping teammates alive by healing and/or shielding them? If you want the former, then Alistar or Janna would be my suggestion. If you want the latter, then Soraka and Sona are both good options.

Jwrath129

12-27-2013

Janna is passive but she has a lot of CC... Stun, slow, a shield, and you can feed your adc. Maybe the best CC in game but is squishy and can't 1v1.

Akromah

12-27-2013

Janna/Lulu are traditional peel/disengage supports. Lux is a nontraditional disengage support as well if that's up your alley. This is good for helping champs like Vayne kite and shred.