Who counters ryze top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilbryan590

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2013

Tell me please ^_^

Best AD Ethiopia

07-12-2013

You can't counter the face-roll master...his face..it rolls...

Veresy

07-12-2013

Anyone who counters Ryze normally should counter Ryze top

Zero Suit Senpai

07-12-2013

Once he gets tear + cata he comes online and pretty much can't die even to a counter as long as he plays safe. Have fun late game!

SWIFTWOLFX

07-12-2013

Annie generally counters Ryze. Your stun is the deciding factor in each trade.

Dignitos

07-12-2013

I played vs a ryze top a few games ago as renekton. I was slightly winning in cs and killled him 2-3 times w/out jungle help. However you really want to get out of that lane fast....atleast as renek. As soon as he got 2 completed items the dmg was too much. Granted i didnt build any mr but he didnt build armor either. Perhaps i should of gotten a negatron cloak early. Regardless, pots just werent enough after lvl 11 and he pushes u out of lane unless u can hard engage on him when u r at 100% hp as ur ult gives u a bigger advantage in a 1v1 senerio.

madmax771

07-12-2013

If you can stay out of range of him, you beat him.

SergeantGrumbles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-13-2013

Annie is very tough for ryze, anivia too. But for top lane go with jarvan, he will shut ryze down.

Chihauss

07-13-2013

Hmm, what about Jayce. His constant lategame poke would make it hard for short range Ryze to engage your team. Discuss.

LitoJ

07-13-2013

I beat plenty of Ryzes with Rumble with Hextech Revolver equipped.
I'm a Rumble main that usually both tops or mids.

A Negatron Cloak with Hextech Revolver usually ensure me victory.
Negatron to minimize the insane burst damage Ryze does, and Hextech to counter his ult's spellvamp and overall outrade his trades by having maximum sustain with flamethrower.

From there, any time I go in with my flamethrower, he stuns me, yet he gets out traded by all the continuous damage I do while simultaneously receiving health back, this makes Ryze run at near the last minute, leaving him open for me to chase him with harpoons/ult and whatnot.
Because Ryze being ranged, he doesn't build much magic resistance naturally(usually remains at 30 unless he starts buying resistance items), and you happen to be a melee mage, with the right build, you'll most likely win, as long as you know when to go in.