RP-Price breakdown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayox

12-15-2009

I don't like point systems as they seem to hide the real value of what I'm attempting to purchase. Hence why I've done the dollar conversion to the RP system. I've included the common prices I've seen in the store for IP boosts, skins and champions. I quickly calculated the numbers, if there are any mistakes let me know I didn't really look it over but it's basic math I'm assuming everything is correct.

------- 5 DOLLARS -------

5$ = 650 points
This means 1$=130 points OR 420 IP - over 2 hours of play (based off price of Udyr).

260 RP = 2.00$ OR 840 IP
520 RP = 4.00$ OR 1680 IP
585 RP = 4.50$ OR 1890 IP
975 RP = 7.50$ OR 3150 IP

-----------------------------

------ 10 DOLLARS -------

10$ = 1380 points
This means 1$=138 points

260 RP = 1.88$
520 RP = 3.77$
585 RP = 4.24$
975 RP = 7.07$

------ 20 DOLLARS -------

20$=2800 points
This means 1$=140 points

260 RP = 1.86$
520 RP = 3.71$
585 RP = 4.18$
975 RP = 6.96$

------ 35 DOLLARS -------

35$= 5000 points
This means 1$= ~143 (142.85)

260 RP = 1.82$
520 RP = 3.64$
585 RP = 4.10$
975 RP = 6.83$

Now you all know the true prices, you can discuss whether or not you think it's expensive.

(Sorry if a breakdown has already been done, the search function in the forums didn't help).

Nanners

12-15-2009

Im going to buy the champion bundle soon. It's amazing, the price per each champ.

Chicken Scratch

12-15-2009

Well it certainly isn't much of a savings. Not the champion bundle... I mean purchasing higher quantities of rp's.

Kayox

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
Im going to buy the champion bundle soon. It's amazing, the price per each champ.
Agreed, it's much better than buying them separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Scratch View Post
Well it certainly isn't much of a savings. Not the champion bundle... I mean purchasing higher quantities of rp's.
Yeah the difference is very minuscule, the biggest difference is between 5$ and 10$.

stalecookie

12-15-2009

Oh yeah, the prices are complete bull****. If you are buying individually just don't bother.

There are two ways to play this game.

Free: Use IP to unlock champs, enjoy it.

All-In: Buy the two games for $45 and be over it

I started using RP/IP mix to get champs and let me tell you it is the most regrettable thing you can do.

I bought a 7 dollar Shaco, and then next day bought the bundle for $25. It is completely my fault but, I hate pissing away money more than anybody.

all I can say is:

DO NOT BUY INDIVIDUAL CHAMPS WITH RP (unless you're rich/mom's credit card)

I am NOT saying don't fund Riot. Hell I bought both champion packs. But buying 6-8 champs with RP is just like buying the bundle so why waste the cash.

reziel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

A conversion of Influence Points to the $5 value Riot Points would also be pretty interesting, to find out how much a loss or a win "earns" you in cash.

stalecookie

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners View Post

It's amazing IN RELATIONSHIP to the other prices of LoL.

HoN (pre-order): $30

Warcraft 3 (dota): $30 now

So it is not a very good deal other than in terms of its own inflated in store prices.

But I do like LoL better than the other games of the genre so looks like I have to take the **** it comes with.

Kayox

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reziel View Post
A conversion of Influence Points to the $5 value Riot Points would also be pretty interesting, to find out how much a loss or a win "earns" you in cash.
Looking at Udyr, I can see that 3150 IP = 975 RP.

Assuming you get on average 100 IP per game, you would need to play ~32 games (31.5).

If we assume each game is about 30 minutes that means 960 minutes OR 16 hours must be played in order to get ~7$ worth of RP.

In other words:

1$ = more than 2 hours of play

OR

1$ = 420 IP OR 130 RP

Chicken Scratch

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reziel View Post
No. No no no... I don't want to read that. I don't want the game to feel like a sweatshop with me earning 2 cents a game.

Karrot

12-15-2009

Nice analysis by the OP.

I'm also going to link a thread I made on a similar, though non-identical, subject: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=27298