Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE - Jayce [Update 4: 07/16/2013] - [Delayed till 3.11? 3.12?]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

07-11-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
but there doesn't seem to be any real reason to remove it

Think about how design clutter can build up.

IAmYourMaker

07-11-2013

R.I.P. Jayce. This nerfs will make him next Olaf. IMO, Increasing cooldown on his gate was enough, and tear changes hurt him a lot.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-11-2013

Quote:

We've already seen that the 6 system is really, really bad for a lot of reasons. The biggest I can point out is that if your 6th rank isn't better than it reasonably should be, you're in a situation where you feel like **** for having that system. But if your level 6 IS better it's like a bunch of miniults. Ugh- That creates edge cases that I imagine could be just as bad as he is right now- That's a no win situation.
Going to be really really blunt here - extrapolating feel from Karma's design is absurd.

Quote:

Other minor things: I don't think trading one itemization issue for another is good- ie you want to remove his shred, but give him magic damage on Q. These create a really similar end result, in that in lane he suddenly starts to feel -even weirder or less clear-.
Since the hyper shred happened at level 16 - trading the physical damage out for magical damage won't have as much of an impact here as you think - mostly because early lane penetration comes from flat penetration. Essentially, regardless if Q did physical or magical damage early in lane - he's still attacking a weak resistance you have due to the prevalence of flat penetration.

It will create counter-itemization issues, undoubtedly in lane - but it will define what you should build against him late game based on his item build, which is the point of counter-itemization.

BadgerDrool

07-11-2013

.....why do you do this to me Riot? Why? Ugh that Karma rework is haunting me in the worst way possible....

It sounds like a good direction for jayce and I'm happy to hear you are unwinding some of his mechanical bloat finally. 3 6 rank abilities should suit his skill usage better anyway.

Super Explosion

07-11-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Going to be really really blunt here - extrapolating feel from Karma's design is absurd.

There's something ironic about the perhaps most powerful champion in the game, being redesigned to be more like Old Karma.

Even if it's a largely tangential change.

Skaarrjj

07-11-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:

No one likes nerfs. No one likes karma either.

Free Week Ahri

07-11-2013

Finally

CynicalGiant

07-11-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
There's something ironic about the perhaps most powerful champion in the game, being redesigned to be more like Old Karma.

Even if it's a largely tangential change.

Balancing 6 abilities with 6 ability ranks is easier than balancing 3 abilities with 6 ability ranks

Super Explosion

07-11-2013

Quote:
IAmYourMaker:
R.I.P. Jayce. This nerfs will make him next Olaf. IMO, Increasing cooldown on his gate was enough, and tear changes hurt him a lot.

Now I haven't seen the rework in action, but odds are if he still has the potential for Nidalee-like poke with Hammer E disengage, he'll probably still be OP.

Imagine if building AD on Nidalee scaled her Q. Eheheheh.

Caítlyn

07-11-2013

Why would you make his W max out at 100% and make you rank it up 6x? That seems like a completely useless skill to rank up at all