Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE - Jayce [Update 4: 07/16/2013] - [Delayed till 3.11? 3.12?]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

07-11-2013

Maybe you could increase the duration his Gate stays out, how much it speeds up someone by and possibly put the bonus damage of Q on the Gate ability level up?

Wertilq

07-11-2013

Have you considered giving his shockblast combo similar treatment as Sejuani's ulti.

IE punish you if you don't hit a target with it. Right now if you're close to max distance of his shockblast it's hard to dodge it, since it blows up next to you then, and then you're hit by explosion.

It feels like the ability is strong enough without that extra thing, and often Jayce players tend to use the ability very close to max range.

Redeemed In Fire

07-11-2013

That sounds hella better than "AoE nid spear", certainly.

Phonike the 2nd

07-11-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Oh - Interesting.

So, the unfocused ball hits the gate and turns into a piercing beam?

That kind of change I definitely can't get out in the timeframe required for this change - but that's actually something we should look into as to whether that pattern makes more sense.

Makes more sense from a investment/ skill requirement -> payoff standpoint
Also could add some utility to Q without acceleration. AoE damage that hits 3-5 players might be more worth than 1 concentrated bolt on 1 player.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-11-2013

Quote:

Have you considered giving his shockblast combo similar treatment as Sejuani's ulti.

IE if you don't hit a target it doesn't deal damage. Right now if you're close to max distance of his shockblast it's hard to dodge it, since it blows up next to you then, and then you're hit by explosion.

I have not currently tinkered with that - that might be an interesting change if we deem it necessary, although at the moment I want to tackle the fog of war reaction issue first.

enderkin

07-11-2013

Quote:
Phonike the 2nd:
What do you think about swapping his Q augmentation. Q by itself does explosive AOE damage great for farming minions less skill / aiming / mana required, Q with Acceleration does concentrated single target damage.

More skill, mana, risk required for more damage. Instead of the opposite.

That idea somewhat terrifies me, since I am imagining that the trade-off for single-target damage will involve increasing the damage significantly. Imagine a mid-late game Jayce Q that hits your ADC for 50% of his life instead of just 20-30% of the AOE. With the amount of spam that Jayce gets and the range, Jayce with concentrated single-target Accelerated Q sounds more and more like a 1000 MPH Nidalee Spear.

CynicalGiant

07-11-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Have not yet decided on if / what Thunder Blow needs to have changed, although with six possible ranks, it seems likely that we can rescale the damage such that per skill point, you are getting less power.

Unsure if he needs it exactly at the moment - as we're doing quite a bit at once here.

Are you worried about Jayce maxing his W second instead of his Q and ignoring E entirely?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-11-2013

Quote:

Are you worried about Jayce maxing his W second instead of his Q and ignoring E entirely?
I suspect that's kind of what you should do on Live right now, given the Acceleration Gate changes in 3.9.

So.. not particularly, as it can't be worse than the current optimal Jayce style.

Quote:

That idea somewhat terrifies me, since I am imagining that the trade-off for single-target damage will involve increasing the damage significantly. Imagine a mid-late game Jayce Q that hits your ADC for 50% of his life instead of just 20-30% of the AOE. With the amount of spam that Jayce gets and the range, Jayce with concentrated single-target Accelerated Q sounds more and more like a 1000 MPH Nidalee Spear.
It is terrifying notion - but the benefits are that it opens up space for both unempowered Q and empowered Q to be satisfying without one drastically outclassing the other.

It would also mean that then we have additional space to play around with Acceleration Gate duration / cooldown to open up some space as right now Gun Q isn't actually a spell, since it's Gun Q + E that is the actual spell and thus the cooldown / conditions of 'E' tie directly into Q's satisfaction level.

For example, if Q by itself was satisfying - you could put an absolutely ridiculous cooldown and duration on Acceleration Gate. You could make the Gate last 12 seconds and have a 40 second cooldown - because now normal Q's and empowered Q's have a purpose - which would actually open up a lot of interesting team cases without making Jayce 'Team Speed Up all the Time' guy - but rather Jayce brings 'Giant Semi-Perma Zone Control in a Team Fight' guy - or you could set up a siege and start peppering multiple empowered Q's forward - but as soon as that Gate drops, you know you can rush Jayce, etc.

Phonike the 2nd

07-11-2013

Quote:
enderkin:

That is assuming his current q is not OP and the addition of his new unaugmented Q brings nothing to the table. So in otherwords it would depend heavily on how his unaugmented Q is handled

CynicalGiant

07-11-2013

This is a random art change/request, but can you make it so his passive changes colors when you switch forms? Every other ability switches to Gold or Blue depending on the form.