Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for a Headset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stryker90

11-27-2010

Hey guys, I'm currently in the market for my first headset, mostly for LoL purposes. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good, reliable headset, preferably under $80, that is a over-the-head headset, not one that wraps around the back of your head. I've heard Plantronics and Logitech are good brands, but I wasn't sure and wanted to make sure before I invested in one. Thanks.

Blind Trooper

Recruiter

11-27-2010

Logitech is a great brand. Check out Newegg.com. They usually have decent prices on quality stuff. If you want it sooner, check out Fry's Electronics or Best Buy. But I always go Logitech ^_^

pugnacious

11-27-2010

Sennheiser makes really good stuff. I have some PC151s for 3 years now. First headset that hasn't snapped above the ear piece, broken in general, mic stopped working, or volume knob on cord stopped working in the first 6-10 months of use. *knock on wood* Sound quality is great, and they're really comfortable.

PC161s are $90 at newegg.com (Looks like basically the same thing only newer model.): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106158

If you can spare the money, Sennheisers are great. But even the $20 Best Buy/Wal-mart specials work. They just don't seem to last as long for me.

PutterMayhem

11-27-2010

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826502011

it's on sale right now if you order before tomorrow. it's a good headset. and it's 5.1 surround

November Terra

11-27-2010

My headset cost me 8$ and they usually last a few years or so. Sadly its one that wraps around your head (but I honestly don't even notice it, its so light.

A Wild Articuno

11-27-2010

I get the cheap $12 ones, but my abuse of 'em make them last only a few months.

Toxic72

11-27-2010

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169415800/categoryId.35096300

I have the step down from these (Piranhas), and I've had them for 4 years. Abuse the **** out of them and they continue to perform well. Great mic, high quality, really unexpected bass (especially when listening to music from my iPod). Directional sound is really great as well, in case you play any FPS games(got called a hacker in Counterstrike when I was listening through walls for footsteps).

A Fanta Bottle

11-27-2010

Logitech g330.
behind the head i know but dude, its amazing, using it right now and VERY comfy.

Stryker90

11-27-2010

currently it is between those Razors, the Turtle Beach ones, or the Sennheisers. God, this is difficult, I have never done this before so idk what I should be comparing besides price and what the "expert reviews" say

Zofo Jackson

11-27-2010

Turtle Beaches are numbah jaun