Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Tool] Switch between EU and US Server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corruption44

01-13-2011

thumbs down to cineva

Austra

01-18-2011

This doesn't even work for me. I get a message saying **You will connect to EU server** but nothing ever happens when I open my client. Using Windows Vista.

SHiiZL

01-19-2011

Well you can open the client through the Tool? And get the right Message? But when you start the Game, you still connect to US?

I havent tried it on Vista, but it should work on every OS I guess.

Are you able to use the "Backup Function"?

xXghettoelf97Xx

01-19-2011

I don't think you can connect to the US servers using the default EU client since the version number is rejected. I don't know about US connecting to EU and I can't test it because I can't redownload the US version, even if I completely uninstall the EU version. Can someone with an installed US client post their launcher_config.xml file from their root LoL directory?

Heliomance

01-20-2011

Aye, the US servers have started rejecting the EU client.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-20-2011

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to close this. All these programs should be doing is changing a single line in a single file that is manually editable, and it will break with patches and a number of other things. We don't recommend it for that reason, and there's too much of a risk for other things to be put in the programs. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I do appreciate your desire to help out your fellow League of Legends players.