[Tool] Switch between EU and US Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corruption44

01-13-2011

thumbs down to cineva

Austra

01-18-2011

This doesn't even work for me. I get a message saying **You will connect to EU server** but nothing ever happens when I open my client. Using Windows Vista.

SHiiZL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Well you can open the client through the Tool? And get the right Message? But when you start the Game, you still connect to US?

I havent tried it on Vista, but it should work on every OS I guess.

Are you able to use the "Backup Function"?

xXghettoelf97Xx

01-19-2011

I don't think you can connect to the US servers using the default EU client since the version number is rejected. I don't know about US connecting to EU and I can't test it because I can't redownload the US version, even if I completely uninstall the EU version. Can someone with an installed US client post their launcher_config.xml file from their root LoL directory?

Heliomance

01-20-2011

Aye, the US servers have started rejecting the EU client.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-20-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to close this. All these programs should be doing is changing a single line in a single file that is manually editable, and it will break with patches and a number of other things. We don't recommend it for that reason, and there's too much of a risk for other things to be put in the programs. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I do appreciate your desire to help out your fellow League of Legends players.