[Campion Guide] Gangplank !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WholeGrn

12-15-2009

I strongly disagree with the build. First off, if you manage your mana, a Philo Stone should be enough. It also gives gold per 5 and late game mana should not be an issue unless the team fight is stupid long. the build also lacks Crit and Attack Speed. Yes, Gangplank can be a great auto attacker. He has his passive, but it isn't enough. Greaves and PDancer makes Gangplank auto attack viable. PDancer and Infinity Edge alone boosts your crit to 50% anyway. But before getting any of that, you should get 1-3 Avarice Blades (+Philo Stone) as your first items. Why? Well Gangplank is an excellent farmer, so these gold items should come quick, and the crit chance from Avarice Blade quickly makes Paaarrrley viable to harass because if Parley doesn't crit, it doesn't do damage. Also, consider Executioner's calling, it gives lifesteal which makes Pirate even more auto attack viable, but the passive on the item stacks with Pirate's passive. Yes, that means -100% healing! After that, pure damage is the way to go.

tl;dr - Philo Stone - Avarice x3 - Greaves - Exe. Calling - Inf. Edge - PDancer - Black Cleaver - Bloodthirster > your build

blurrycloud

12-15-2009

errr wrong, pirates passive does not stack with executioners calling...
i believe only the stronger one will take effect...
but with executioners calling, your parley will buff calling on the hero...
unlike grog soaked blade which i believe only buffs on autoattack

i play more of a sniper gangplank
auto attack gangplank has never worked for me
too squishy

i max out remove scurvy for the heal
with the golem buff and remove scurvy, you will always have full life and full mana from level 7 with smite

and i don't buy philostone (see remove scurvy + golem), cos i always sell my meki pendant away at about level 12, cos by then, mana is not a problem anymore
i rather get 2 avarice blade and earn money from those, instead of philostone

my build is
meki, mana pot x2
avarice, avarice, boots
infinity edge
phage
sell meki
if my team has enough disables, then zeal, and trinity
if my team has not enough disables, then frozen mallet
then more damage from black cleaver or bloodthirster
or more survival from veil

and i have full crit damage runes, cos they are the hardest effect to get in the game...
crit chance is easy to buy in game...

buy i do find that your early games improves a lot of you get a full crit chance runes...
but at the expense of your late game damage...

Peebs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2009

if you do the math having lower crits but a higher chance to crit overall will get u more dmg than having a low chance to crit and a high crit dmg. The only way I would go high crit dmg is on dps champs with high aspd and who autoatk like master yi but good pirates stand in the back and shoot so in my opinion crit dmg runes are a waste of IP especially since they cost double. Just my opinion though.

blurrycloud

12-15-2009

there is a post somewhere, which calculates that if you have more than 50% crit chance, crit damage runes is better, statistically...

infinity edge = 20%
2 avarice = 24%
natural crit chance at level 18 = 11.5%

easily more than 50%
replace avarice with zeal / phantom / trinity / executioners calling as necessary...

Peebs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Ok so with your build u use the runes for dmg and the items for crit chance but is your low dmg multipled by say 3 going to actually do more dmg than my dmg items multiplied by 2? I go haunting guise, sorc shoes, sheen, 2.5x infin then w.e as last slot and finish trin force it just seems that the dmg would be rather similar or mine being higher. I personally dislike going 2x avarice. I use to build like that but going magic pen and then straight for crit items seems more balanced for an all around good teammate pirate.

Peebs

Recruiter

12-15-2009

keep the discussions going it is actually constructive and useful

Mr Tibbers

12-15-2009

I have to say Peebs, I don't agree with you. Pirate helps the team so much better going as DPS. Which your build just doesn't do, imo.

Here.

That's the build I've worked on and gone by for months now. It's proven effective time and time again. Magic Pen is NOT something to get except in masteries. Sorceror's Shoes are such a bad choice for Pirate, it's not funny. Berzerker's Boots are better for you overall. You can't count on Parley all of the time. Trinity Force's damage bonus isn't calculated as part of crit, so it makes no sense to get it. The only shortish cooldown Pirate has is his Parley, and that in no way justifies Trinity. By the way, Zoobi is right. Crit damage runes are the way to go on Pirate.

blurrycloud

12-16-2009

i either buy mercury treads or sorcerer boots

even though trinity force does not crit, it adds 1.5x your base damage on to it.
so with 1 infinity and 1 bfsword, thats about 200 extra damage...
on top of the misc stuff like crit chance, mvmt speed, slow attack etc..

Digitalneo

12-16-2009

The first part of this guide is correct, my personal build is probably more efficient tho for gang:

flat crit red runes
flat cooldown blue runes
flat crit dmg yellow runes
flat crit dmg quints

1) mekai + 2 mana pots (you shouldnt really be hit at start with parley range)
2) cloak of agility
3) cloak of agility (x2 puts me at 52% crit in first 20ish min of game)
4) boots > spell pen boots
6) B.F. sword
7) Pixckaxe > Inf Edge (that agil cloak early make it quicker to build)
8) Zeal + dagger (if you can)
9) Phantom (another agil cloak helps make it quicker)
10) if game goes on this long, build another phantom

With this item build, at 9) i reach 98% crit with 900 crits, and I attack very fast, meaning I can run into group fights and both parley and melee. I take down low health chars very well cause I always crit.

ScarPe

Master Recruiter

12-16-2009

guys, i played gangplank in like 60 games until now.
and all of my enemys (no matter the level) who went on 2x avarice just died against me.

the fact is. JES we NEED crit, BUT time works against us, if you get as much damage as possible very early (infinity edge) you will twohit your enemys with parrley, cause of their low hp.

avarice SUX, and all enemy gangplanks who did that, died like the rest.
just ry it out and you wont play anything else anymore

@ all posters until now:

we have like 7 completely different builds in this thread now, and everyone tells me that his is the best.
there are no arguments that tell me that i did a major mistake in my build, cause i know that i NEVER EVER have seen a good gangplank with an avarice build.