The Best Lux Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

midiout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2010

I've been playing Lux for a while and I feel as if I've found the best overall build for her (against a mix team with AD and Magic Damage) so I thought I would share.

Example:

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Lux/d...7c86c7ba4e19a8

Stats
:

HP
: 4223
Mana: 3556
Mana Regen Per/5 seconds: 97
Ability Power: 540
Magic Pen: 40 (close to enemies)
Armor: 170
Magic Resist: 144
Cooldown Recuction: 40% (Lazer is charged up every 24 seconds; that is the max the cooldown time can be reduced to)
Movement Speed: 475

Items:

Rod of Ages (Mana, HP, AP)
Sorcerer's Shoes (Magic Pen, Movement Speed)
Fiendish Codex (AP, Mana Regen, Cooldown Reduction)
Glacial Shroud (Armor, Mana, Cooldown Reduction)
Abyssal Scepter (Ability Power, Magic Resist, Magic Penetration)
Rylai's Scepter (Ability Power, HP)

12810 Gold

If the game continues past this point, build the Glacial Shroud into a Frozen Heart, and the Fiendish Codex into Deathfires Grasp. The main purpose of those items is for the class related CDR.

Conclusion:

The way I play Lux, is more support than anything. This build allows me to stay in the fight for as long as possible (with all the HP, Armor, and Magic Resist you're pretty much at tank status), and with all the CDR/Mana you can constantly spam your Snare, Slow, Sheild Combo. The ability power is just the icing on the cake. Dishes out some serious damage, with AMAZING survivability and constant spell spaming.

I plan on making a build on League Craft, but I wanted to get my ideas out there first . If you guys see any imporovments I could make, or know of a possibly better build let me know.

Edit: I ment to put this in Item Discusion section...

Yomeiro

11-27-2010

There is no such a thing as "The Best Build for Champion xxx".
There are just item builds which you feel comfortable to play with since it fits your playstyle, nothing else :/

Knote

11-27-2010

Erm.

Way to completely waste her biggest strength : Range

You shouldn't be that tanky.

midiout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knote View Post
You shouldn't be that tanky.
But all the items that give my "tanky" status, are items like Ability Power, and Mana / Cooldown Recucion. The tankyness just comes as a bonus of those needed items.

Knote

11-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiout View Post
But all the items that give my "tanky" status, are items like Ability Power, and Mana / Cooldown Recucion. The tankyness just comes as a bonus of those needed items.
I'm sure that would work well against people that don't build much hp or MR and that's if you even manage to get to the point where you get all of these expensive items.

This is more of a swain build.

This simply doesn't synergize with the champ itself. Basically like building AD Annie.

Try going squishier and abusing her long range.

Heliostorm

11-27-2010

I think Archangel's is a good item for Lux, since she has no reason to be close enough to be attacked anyways. Abyssal sceptre is definitely not good, she should be nowhere near melee range.

Alex is White

11-27-2010

An RoA and a glacial shroud is all the survivabillity Lux needs. She should be in the back, sniping and supporting.

Knote

11-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulsilence View Post
An RoA and a glacial shroud is all the survivabillity Lux needs. She should be in the back, sniping and supporting.
Even that is overkill imo.

But player preference. /shrug

@OP / you should really give Swain a try lol.

BlackStar00

11-27-2010

Hmm too much tank is no good too. I tried a few builds for lux and I find tanky AP works well for her, emphasizing on AP.

ROA is definitely core on her, followed by a cheap CDR item, glacial or codex shld be fine in this case. However, the rylai is not really useful. After the cheap CDR item, I generally gun for zhonya.

Basically ROA plus zhonya will burn the enemy team down quite a hefty amount with ur ult. Just remember dnt ks with it. Always try to use it as early in battle as possible while trying to hit as many.

Starting the team fight with health advantage is always better than a laser snipe on a won fight. With max CDR, u may even have enuf to snipe again if battle is long.

TLDR; core ROA, cheap CDR item, Zhonya, upgrade CDR item, wards in between.

kT Fail

11-27-2010

Just saying op, thats only 270 ap. Learn to read