Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion rework: Master Yi, the Wuju Master

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asdfjkl17

07-13-2013

Wuju hand me a cup of tea?

Sekhma

07-13-2013

Maybe now I'll actually play the champion after they get rid of those ridiculous barges he has for feet.

epicclasher

07-14-2013

hmmmmmmm

epicclasher

07-14-2013

hi to my opinion your making master yi really weak. Also the good part was that you made the specials look better than the old ones

Huntinrox2

07-14-2013

I honestly hate Riot games for doing this. Master yi was fine the way he was. They should have left him alone. Unless you knew how to play Yi and when to buy his items and when to use his abilities he was not overpowered. Thumbs down for Riot games at this point.

Aubster

07-14-2013

Hello, First off I'd like to say that I love this new Master Yi.
Ok lets get to the point... I believe Meditate is much to weak as of right now. At low levels Meditate heals for a little more than a health pot. You could say "If you want Meditate to heal more build AP", well building AP for a now strictly AD Champion will make you lose a TON of damage. My suggestion is that Meditate's heal is doubled, and you take away a bit of the damage reduction while mediating. This is the only issue I have with the new Yi rework and would really appreciate it if you'd consider increasing the heal.

Thanks
-Aubster

Stingent

07-14-2013

So...

There's a problem with his E now. Before he got flat AD, which actually made tanky builds viable...even if you built full tank, you could have 35ad(x2, for 70ad with active) and 80% AS, which meant you could make easy work of squishies. Now it's based on bonus AD, and you'll need around 120 bonus ad before breaking even with the 35...The only way to realistically attain that is with a fully farmed BT, but to be honest I haven't built a BT on yi for a season and a half...so around the start of season two. Yi worked well this patch with a wriggles, some tanky items, and a youmoos....that's only about 40 ad worth of items, and you had a jungle yi that could clean house as the enemy ignored him because he was the 'tank'...and if they did focus you, you could lolmeditate as they were hitting a randuins and frozen mallet health/stat combo fortified by the armor/mr from meditate. It was actually a very viable tanking strat.

I just don't think people who were behind this design change put enough effort in to actually making use of Yi. The Q and W changes were the only ones really necessary. The passive change actually hurts his ganks a HUGE amount, because any jungle yi worth his salt would charge up double strike before ganking, and using his maxed out E active to it's fullest extent. If either of those hits crit the bonus damage from the E active would be 210 at max. Now it's going to add a ton less, he'll need more AD before he really can make much use of E, and he probably won't even be able to charge up his passive beforehand....jungle ad Yi was already tough, why make it tougher while nerfing everything else?

johnnychang

07-14-2013

Anyone see a new Irelia is coming out?

How can u stop a tanky-bruiser-build master Yi go in , kill your carries and support and back to fight the remainngs after 2 minutes with full health?

TheBloodReaver

07-15-2013

I like this yi and dont like him, I never really went AP yi but making him a straight AD champ takes the fun away. then there is the skins. I like the new Assasin yi and Ionian yi but the Clasic and Chosen yi were fine, and Headhunter looks the same. i thinke Riot kinda messed up with this rework.

Xarue

07-15-2013

Riot, can you change the color of Highlander back to it blue color, it represent speed and swiftness better then yellow.