Champion rework: Master Yi, the Wuju Master

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vilion Phoenix

07-10-2013

First they break Sivir's bounceing blade to be all but useless, then they take Taric's duelist status away by removing his mana regin per hit for extra damage per mana, forceing him to build to their specifications, and now this. There's one thing about fixing issues with a character, and then there's a whole new thing when you force a character to be played in only one specific way. Where's the diversity with building new yi?

Shocked Bunny

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayahrawr View Post
Master Yi was already strong enough in my opinion. Every game I see a Yi player end game carries it, even if his team is losing hard. It's gotten to the point if I"m banning in ranked I ban him. I have no idea why they are making him stronger.
He just lost his ability to carry alone dude, he might do more damage but his ability to carry is broken, by his ult nerf and wuju nerf

Voltairius

07-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilion Phoenix View Post
First they break Sivir's bounceing blade to be all but useless, then they take Taric's duelist status away by removing his mana regin per hit for extra damage per mana, forceing him to build to their specifications, and now this. There's one thing about fixing issues with a character, and then there's a whole new thing when you force a character to be played in only one specific way. Where's the diversity with building new yi?
There won't be. Look at Trynd as well. Riot wants us to play the character THEIR way. This has become extremely evident with the past few reworks. LoL is becoming more and more like Dota 2, and I don't like it. Forcing us to play every character one way will just COMPLETELY remove them from the pool when considering hero selection. Why pick Yi, the squishiest AD Melee ingame, when I can just play Jayce, who has some of the best starting stats, and AFK my lane?

leux64

07-10-2013

Hi Riot !

I don't always post messages on the forum (and almost never in english) but now I want to complain. When you want to change champions, why do you always need to totally remake the gameplay ? My first main, after a long time of playing always a new champion, was evelynn. When you removed the stun and totally reworked the invisibility, I couldn't take it, so I went back to my old time, playing always a differant champion.

Then I tried master yi ap, wich I found totally useless before I got the gameplay. People that think he was OP just don't understand how he works (I've been countered as YI AP many times) ! As this gameplay is awesome and you get it, it's nice to allow AD master Yi to access it, but why moving away the AP Yi ???? It can be nerf, and then balanced but not removed without any feel ! The AP has the heal and big burst, and the AD the passive and powerfull auto attacks (So sustain). I loved my mejai, my lichban, and the powerfull Heal. We have powerfull damage everywhere, why not powerfull heal ??? Also, the ult refreshing himself was nescessary as yi Ap without ult better run away...

He was the "Timing" champ. As you attack at the right time, you win. a little like a fiddle, a amumu... bye..

Lyeux

Crack Addict

07-10-2013

not sure if wuju style or hiten style

Naruto and Sasuk

07-10-2013

I think the Master Yi rework is why people have trouble connecting. My friend doesn't have Master Yi and he keeps connecting perfectly.

Balili

07-10-2013

I have to say, riot is taking reworks too far. Some people need it but some are classics and must stay as such, the next rework is gonna be like Teemo then the game is losing its roots. Riot don't do this.

Jackbollda

07-10-2013

OP. OP. OP. OP OP! Oppa Wuju Style.
...Is now dead.

Attachment 727304

A little something for all the boys and girls, to put us in the mood while reading this thread- the David Popper Requiem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYqgt8HWuaQ

DaoMuShin

07-10-2013

Yi was one of the LAST champs I have encountered to need buffed,
He dominates the map solo, late game, with his 4 phantom dancer spam + infinity edge build that can tower dive top and bot solo and LITERALLY carry victory on all 3 fronts while the entire team of 4 defends nexus.

His only weakness used to lie in his former attack boost E skill combined with his natural Frailty. That which now does TRUE damage?? So suddenly Thornmail doesn't mean jack-- and forget killing tanks with that true damage because: combine that with his ULT and kiss your carry/supports goodbye before anyone even realizes it!! The shear randomness of his Alpha Strike is what BALANCED it out because atleast you stood a CHANCE at not getting hit in teamfights. but considering everyone is Locked Up Tight fighting it out it's GUARANTEED to hit all but the furthest carry/support... then the constant Cooldown Potential on it all....

Don't even get me started on his EXPONENTIAL Meditation-Tank potential (as frustrating as it can be) when his HP gets low??
You might as well give darius an Invincible skill like tryn and call it necessary.

Sorry if all the Yi fans disagree.
I am BEYOND disappointed with this...
But he does look cool. Good Job on that!
~~DaoMuShin

Packlit

07-10-2013

They call him Juke Nukem