Fiddlesticks build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rudeboymike

12-15-2009

now that i see that you wrote, "For the most part rod of ages is a bad item," I really don't think you hold much credibility.

Techno Stud

12-16-2009

Ok, last night I tried a few different builds on Fiddle. I started out with a Sapphire Crystal and two health pots, next Catalyst the Protector, upgraded to Rod of Ages, then Boots of Swiftness. That's pretty much my pre-level 10 build now.

Then I tried Nashor's Tooth, and the cooldown+ mana regen + ability power combo REALLY worked for me. I was able to jungle then gank very well...even teams of two at a time. Next game I got the Archangel Staff instead, and the extra mana plus insane mana regen enabled me to hold the middle lane against three opponents. I also liked that particular build because it proved to have a VERY good AP to cost ratio. Then on my last game of the night I bought Lich Bane. My thought on that item was that it was a REALLY good item, but the lack of mana regen makes it hard to stay in a lane very long by yourself. If you want to gank people more, I would say Lich Bane is the item for you...if you're going to be the anchor holding mid while everyone else ganks...then Archangel Staff is a much better option. And honestly, I would buy Nashor's Tooth and Archangel's Staff before I would buy Lich Bane or Zhonya's Ring.

The problem with these particular builds is that it makes Fiddle rather squishy. Rather than getting the extra HP and spell protection of the Banshee's Veil, I traded it for extra AP and mana regen. If you're levels ahead of the competition, the AP route is the best way to keep yourself ahead, if you're trailing behind...Banshee's Veil might be a good way to catch back up.

So depending on your competition and the way the game is going, I think the three best options after boots are either Nashor's Tooth, Archangel Staff, or Banshee's Veil.

Any thoughts?

SomeoneRandom

12-16-2009

I rarely actually get zhonya's ring, my final item usually is gaurdian's angel, but I thought I would just mention it if you dont get aegis and replace that with an AP item and then zhonyas.... tbh fiddle does more dps just playing well than stacking AP items, and in this game it is SO easy to abuse high survivability that there is no reason not to, which is why they "nerfed" gaurdian angel... if your team goes for high survivability you win every group fight... and even with 0 ap your ult will do 2kish to every hero... add in the dark wind and usually thats enough to gaurentee you win every fight.... fiddle is utility... play annie if you want to nuke

Before the nerf to soulstealer I used to get only that and abyssal scepter as my only AP... you really dont need all that much... O_o I dont think I have lost a game where I played fiddlesticks since long before beta actually ended

Rudeboymike

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post
I dont think I have lost a game where I played fiddlesticks since long before beta actually ended
Then you either don't play Fiddle very often or don't play the game very often.

You don't need gear to play any character correctly. But you need gear to min/max your character and compete with players of equal skill. Every bit more is an advantage.

You only need enough survivability to withstand one crowstorm team battle, after that... push a tower, and pill. Who the hell stays on a lane for a minute waiting for them to respawn.

The best item for survivability? Map Awareness. I think its in the Learn to Play section of the Shop. Cheap to.