Fiddlesticks build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Techno Stud

12-15-2009

Hi, I'm a relatively new player on LoL. It's taken me a few weeks to get through the characters and learn the game, and I figure I'm finally getting the hang of things. I've recently started playing Fiddlesticks and pretty much decided that is who I want to stick with, but I'm having a bit of trouble. If anyone could suggest tips or strategy, I would be most appreciative.

Just to describe my initial strategy, I get Flash and Teleport as my spells. I usually start out by purchasing a sapphire crystal and some health pots. I start out with Dark Wind, to reap in the gold, score multi hits, and harass enemy champs. At level 2 I get Life Drain to keep myself in the lane. From there I alternate between DW and LD until Level 6. Usually I'll go back and get a Catalyst the Protector, since it helps me stay in the lane longer. I aim to build that to a Rod of Ages, which I get fairly soon.

So in all of this time, say the entire beginning stages of the game, I'm doing FINE. I manage to not die, score alot of gold, and even kill 2 or three enemy champs. My problem is that by level 10 I start to fall off. I try to build toward protection with Banshee's Veil...but its just not giving me the power that I needed to do damage, by ability power I mean. Next I tried Zhonya's Ring, but then I would die too easily. I haven't tried Lich Bane yet, but I've heard good things.

I'm just looking for somone to give me a tip on how to keep my presence strong on the battlefield. I seem to be doing so well at the beginning, it's very frustrating.

I'm thinking that maybe cooldown might be a good route to take...or maybe mana regen rather than points.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

fiddles is buggy. he can crash games. please don't play him until it's fixed.

fiddles uses ap builds early on to make his drain stronger.
at higher tier, fiddles usually just jungles.

Rudeboymike

12-15-2009

Like Bait said... fiddle is a bit buggy and can lead to server crashes. I wouldn't recommend playing him until they fix (read: hotfix) him. But if you must insist on playing him, refrain from buying Dark Wind Rank 5.

There are two ways to play Fiddle. Jungle is the latter which i won't go into explaining, since that requires a different amount of know how to effectively jungle and is slightly more dependent on runes/masteries.

I play Fiddle in my AOE partial premade team (Fiddle, Amumu, Nunu). The build often changes depending on how well you are doing, if you are the lucky one getting fed in the AOE, or if they have a tendancy to target you. Higher Elo games require more HP, ie more Rod of Ages. Lower Elo brackets allow you to stack AP/magic pen.

Red Runes: Magic Pen
Yellow Runes: AP/lvl
Blue Runes: Magic Pen
Purple Runes: Magic Pen

Masteries: 9/0/21
Spells: Teleport/Ghost (Cleanse if you have no way to safely get into team battles)

Abilities:
Drain (allows you to drain and stay on the lane longer)
Crowstorm > Darkwind > Fear > Drain
DO NOT GET DARKWIND RANK 5

Most common build:
Sapphire Crystal + Mana Pot
Philosopher Stone
Movespeed 3 Boots
Rod of Ages
Mejai's Soulstealer (if you are the one getting the kills, if not onto the next)
Void Staff
Abyssal Scepter (if no other player on your team gets this)
Rod of Ages (if they have a tendancy to focus you)
Guardian Angel (any game past hour mark should require you to buy this)
Zhonya's Ring (if the game lasts this long, or all above items are invalid)

Basically he is played as harassing up until 6. Darkwind when you can hit enemy champs, particularly if they are next to each other, without creeps. Don't be afraid to "Drain Tank" an enemy champion without stuns, provided your teammate can help you to. Use your fear and darkwind to protect you and your lane mates. 5 bounces of darkwind's damage and silence, plus a fear towards a tower will remind the opposing champions that they aren't getting a kill anytime soon.

At 6, its ganking (preferably team ganking) time. Have your initiator setup, follow behind with Crowstorm flashing in, either from across barriers or in bushes. If there are few minions, use dark wind to silence. Use fear on targets that will survive the ult for your team to finish off. Chase down (with ghost) the team. Don't waste your ult on one champion if you can. Team fight outcomes are decided by how much you can hit everyone. If your team loses a fight, it was because you were in the wrong place or generally did something wrong.

Late Game, there should only be team fights. Never push alone, unless baiting. Basically I say.. if you can see a fiddlesticks, he is playing it wrong. Don't let the enemy team know where you are, and when you are popping in with Crowstorm. Again.. DONT GET DARKWIND RANK 5. Just don't buy it, its fine... nothing makes you have to get it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

purp runes are hp quint, it's rigged.

magic pen would be okay if hp quint wasn't so rigged.

Rudeboymike

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
purp runes are hp quint, it's rigged.

magic pen would be okay if hp quint wasn't so rigged.
whats so rigged about em? if its game breaking, no need to mention.

edit: meh, nevermind. I read your thread.

SomeoneRandom

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboymike View Post
whats so rigged about em? if its game breaking, no need to mention.

edit: meh, nevermind. I read your thread.

pretty sure he means how amazing it is to start the game with 120+ life... especially if you go down the defensive tree for a total of 180 life at lvl 1... its stupid overpowered :O

As for an actual guide-ish for fiddle... the main thing is balance which it seems nobody in this thread understands...

You can focus on either drain or dark wind, but you really should balance out your skills..., your job is not a huge crazy DPS carry, your job is insane utility + CC + team fights...

Usual build I go is...

Summoner Skills:
Exhaust and Cleanse

Masteries:
9/0/21
Archaic Knowledge for the armor pen and make sure to pick up 2/2 utility mastery (golem is your friend!)

Runes: Magic Penetration whenever possible, rest should be hp

Items:
Meki Pendant + 2 Health Pots
Philosopher's Stone
Boots
Catalyst
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter
Aegis of the Legion (if nobody else has gotten yet, otherwise skip)
Rylai's Scepter
Sell Phil Stone for Zhonya's or Gaurdian Angel if the game goes long enough

Abilities:
Dark Wind
Drain Life
Dark Wind
Terrify
Terrify
Crowstorm
Drain Life
Terrify
Dark Wind
Terrify
Crowstorm
Drain Life
Dark Wind
Drain Life
Terrify
Crowstorm
Dark Wind
Drain Life

You may think its somewhat random, and for the most part the dark wind / drain life changes based on the game, but when I level terify generally stays the same because it is so important for fiddle...

Your job is basically to sit in the trees / grass and wait for a mistake from your enemies, or a team fight to ensue, crowstorm in, terrify their main dps and dark wind their support, then drain whoever is not being focused

Just remember your whole purpose is to CC and be utility... getting kills is great and helps but your not annie with insane KSing potential, your just there to make sure your team wins

Also remember that Soulstealer is completely awful and useless now, if your reading old guides make sure to remember that.. it used to be the absolute best item for fiddledix, now its trash

Awesomenesss

12-15-2009

I get sunfire capes.
Tank and AOE damage.

Landa

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post

Items:
Philosopher's Stone
Boots
Catalyst
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter
Rylai's Scepter

Starting with Saphire Crystal is better than Meki. If you have the 1 mana per sec mastery (0.33x3) you wont need the meki. Not to mention that rushing catalyst will allow you to by catalyst + boots before level 6 for an easy double kill in your lane. Rod of ages is a must on him. Merc treads, banshes veil etc is dependant on what the other team is playing. I do not recommend soulstealer on him since he doesnt scale well with Ap. Magic Pen is your friend.

SomeoneRandom

12-15-2009

For the most part rod of ages is a bad item, there is usually always a better item for what you want rod of ages to do... going sapp crystal first is fine instead of meki, but I like meki better for pestering with dark wind, I tend to not leave my lane until I get 6 and go to gank another lane before my port back

Rudeboymike

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneRandom View Post
Items:
Philosopher's Stone
Boots
Catalyst
Mercury Treads
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter
Rylai's Scepter
I don't know if i agree with this build. First off, fiddle is soo much better as a damage dealer than a support. If you build him as support.. then you need CD reduction.

Second.. zhonyas ring with no AP is basically a waste of money. Cost to AP ratio is horrible. There are sooo many better AP items for better cost. I'm not sure of the actual amount, but Zhonyas is only cost effective around 3-400 AP

Lastly.. if "balance" is your concern, you stack Rod of Ages for not only survivability (HP), but AP also.

The only things i agree with are Abyssal Scepter and Catalyst.. which you dont even build into Rod of Ages.