Hydra on Melee worth it on TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trajanman

07-09-2013

Me and some friends have been off and on using hydra with different champions in our 3s games (mostly on Lee Sin). I can't really decide if the hyrda is worth it over other damage items around the same price. Any insight or opinions on this from people with a little more experience?

Boo

07-09-2013

in my opinion it's strong on lee sin. you should get it if you're snowballing, or if you think you can live long enough to do damage in team fights without getting bursted down.

My Desired Name

07-09-2013

It's a great item if you're looking for damage.

visceralsimplex

07-09-2013

On most bruisers Black Cleaver + Last Whisper is a pretty good combo and both items are cheaper. Hydra is great for pushing though which can be more difficult with longer lanes and short death timers.

I'd really only get Hydra on AA-heavier champs like Darius or Lee Sin. AD Casters like Garen and Wukong are better with the penetration items.

MDCityAPOP

07-10-2013

Hydra is a decent item but taking into account the price of the item and the fact that it had no defensive attributes really hurts. If you are going for a burst cleave comp such as Riven, Zed and Rene sure hydra would rip your enemy apart.

Masonic

07-10-2013

All of the splash from hydra has life steal applied to it so it can improve your survival rate while increasing your damage significantly. As far as the price, it is a highly gold efficient item, even though the total cost is higher than some other items. I don't usually rush it unless I am ahead as it isn't very effective you are squishy.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2013

Idk if you can still do this but you used to be able to animation cancel your W as Renekton with it and prevent yourself from being stunned for its duration. I've been out of LoL for a while so idk if that still works.