[Guide] How to Counter Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shillen

08-30-2009

A good warwick will just go after people who don't have cleanse or flash. It's not like you get to see the enemy team before you pick your summoner skills. So this isn't really a counter strategy at all. It's just a "oh I lucked out by taking flash or cleanse before knowing I was up against warwick so he can't kill me".

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
A good warwick will just go after people who don't have cleanse or flash. It's not like you get to see the enemy team before you pick your summoner skills. So this isn't really a counter strategy at all. It's just a "oh I lucked out by taking flash or cleanse before knowing I was up against warwick so he can't kill me".
This is true but how many good players actually pay attention to the other teams spells.

xukca

08-31-2009

Actually EVERY good player pays (or at least SHOULD...otherwise he is "pseudo wanna-be-good", lol) attention the the other team summoner spells while the game is loading...

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2009

why not exhaust/cleanse. cleanse = ult becomes useless. exhaust = his attacks becomes useless.
in combination = warick becomes useless.

Gandalf 007

12-06-2009

Best counter to warwick = opposing team picking better champions.

Lord Soulfist

12-07-2009

best counter is Ashe + Yi + Sivir. giving yi over 100%+ attack speed and nearly 100% movement speed while ashe stuns him. it was embarassing for that warwick that game. :P lol

makkii

12-07-2009

i dunno what it is with you guys saying outrun warwick, i just get a phage or mallet and its gg

teemo has nothing on me, i do however fear a jax that hasnt been roflstomped early game

the new mkb item kinda remedies that though

CyberMonkey

12-07-2009

you guys totally forgot about executioner's calling. It reduces warwick's lifesteal, making him extremely easy to take down.

Ksielvin

12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
why not exhaust/cleanse. cleanse = ult becomes useless. exhaust = his attacks becomes useless.
in combination = warick becomes useless.
People should note the thread was previously posted in August during beta. The Boost they mentioned was a stronger version of Cleanse.

There have been various changes, addition of Executioner's Calling being perhaps the most interesting one.

Bilboking

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Captain teemo rapes warwick...he ults...soon as you're free blind and speed boost...hes not catching you and if he does you have blind up and should be by a tower
I just recently played a game as Warwick and I probably killed Teemo a good three to four times. Maybe a skilled Teemo could take Warwick down, but any Teemo off of the street would have a challenge.