Teemo solo vs Biltz + Nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nithrak

12-15-2009

Last night we had someone who got butthurt over not getting to solo mid and decided to go afk at lvl 1.. and a friend needed to creep.. so that put the rest of us all as solo in our lanes.

I was Teemo and in a lane with blitz and nunu. I tried to be safe.. harass a little.. etc. I only got grabbed one time and cleansed away.. but my damage against those two champs early on was not very effective. Couple that will health pots / heals and I couldn't stop them at all. They just kept pushing.. I'd get back and the tower would take hits.. if I came up closer to defend.. the minions + champs would knock my health down some then they tower dived and killed me.

I couldn't do anything at all.. and it was only getting worse because of time lost coming back down the lane.

Should I have just tried to switch out lanes? Everyone had to solo too.. except our creeper. Should I have changed up my item build (was going for malady) .. I'm really at a loss here because nothing I did worked and they just rolled me on my lane.

keftes

Recruiter

12-15-2009

The person who decided to creep when his team is 5v4 (and thus making it a 5v3) is an idiot.Tell that to your friend...

Kragorn

12-15-2009

That's a tough combo even if it was 2v2, 1v2 there's no chance. Snowball + rocket grab->fried chipmunk.

5v4 the game was already over unless you four are much higher summoner level than the other team. (I.E. Bad Matchmaking).

If it was 5v5 and you ended up solo against Blitz/Nunu for some reason, there's nothing more you can do than what you did. Fight by your tower, level up, try not to die and hope the other two lanes can make progress. Or call for someone to come to your lane.

Lockedbob

12-15-2009

It's more or less rock paper scissors. I play tanks or support alot and when I'm a tank I usually run with carries cause they can't do **** in a lane with me. They can't get fed nor can they farm. When I'm a caster I go against tanks cause I can easily keep them at a distance with ranged "nukes" (e.g. Karthus). Of course the other way around is that carries (e.g.: wannabe carry teemo) should be placed against mages. I might be wrong or w/e it's just what I noticed since I'm playing.

Hope that helps you although I hate people who play teemo and katarina tbh. Lack of spine:P

WinterAyars

12-15-2009

Not all lanes are winnable.

Basically the only "trick" you can pull against a lane like that is to level up your poison and tag them any time they come up to last hit. The poison damage is actually pretty meaningful in lane (though i don't think it's very amazing otherwise) and you're already in a tight spot. That said, 4v5 is pretty much unwinnable anyway.

Nithrak

12-15-2009

Ah well thanks for the replies. I was managing to make a little money considering I was solo, and even though they killed me I was still within 1 level, but it was the little racoons fate this time to die

Deshi

12-15-2009

Yeah, that's not an easy lane to work with. However, in my experience, champs like Nunu and Blitz are often happy to lane with low HP (as Nunu can consume, and Blitz has his mana sheild), which, although it means that they will often be very aggressive, it can also mean that you can get in some surprise hits that might get them to back off, or, if they're being careless, might even net you a kill or two.

A great item that I've been playing with in the early game in situations like this, is Executioner's Calling. It will make your poison more effective, can reduce the amount they restore their HP for (perfect for messing up a 'tactical' consume by Nunu), and can help you to stay in the lane longer with it's lifesteal.

One thing worth noting, is that if you are solo vs two people in a lane, you don't have to worry about killing them so much as just staying alive. As long as you are alive and in lane, you have the advantage over them (within reason, of course. Don't get too shy when they're beating on your towers). But, if you do see an opportunity, call for a gank. You can capitalize on the fact that they're pushing your tower; thinking they have lane dominance, by getting a friend or two to take them out.

Sorry if you know all this already, but I've seen too many games where someone just give up because they're in a difficult lane, usually to the detriment of their team.

Also - someone mentioned it already, but this is another big issue I have with 'junglers'. They shouldn't be jungling if their team needs them in the lanes. It's as simple as that. I've seen so many warwicks just shrugging their shoulders as they are running around in the jungle, while their team's towers are falling. Very annoying and ignorant.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

it's very easy actually, you just need doran's shield.

Deshi

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
it's very easy actually, you just need doran's shield.
Hmm..

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

... wtf is blitz gonna do, aside from roam back and forth. and nunu's snowballs cost a lot of mana and deals little damage at low levels. doran's shield = enough regen to handle both of them.