Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Freeze on loading screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TelumOne

12-15-2009

First off, sorry if there's a thread about this already. I did search quite thoroughly before this but I couldn't find anything really helpful.

I was playing a few practice games today, and after winning a few and playing quite well i decided that i might try a normal match. After being thrown into a game i chose my character, runes and spells as usual, and there was nothing out of the ordinary until the game itself launched and the load screen came up. Still nothing unusual up until the point where my status was 'spawning' and my computer completely froze. After giving it a few minutes to see if anything would happen, I gave up and restarted my computer.
Starting LoL up after rebooting, i rejoined the match and the load screen ran perfectly, putting me in the game as soon as i was at 'ready' and we went on to win, despite me joining half way through and being 10 or so levels behind.

I thought this was a one off freeze, so i decided to play another normal match. Same thing happens - freezes at 'spawning', reboot, rejoin and everything's fine and my team wins again.

Now thinking this problem had something to do with joining normal matches, i decided to go back to a practice match, but the same thing happened yet again, and now I'm here looking for a solution.

My computer runs the game fine, my connection is good, and my drivers are up to date. I didn't run anything different in the background for the last 3 games.

Thanks in advance.

Zakkeh

12-16-2009

I have a similar problem, I can occasionally get into a game without the reboot. Can anyone help us out?

Zakkeh

12-16-2009

Please, can someone help? It's even started happening when I reconnect, to the point where I'm repeatedly whispering, "Don't mess up! Don't mess up! Don't mess up! Don't mess up!"