Riot Lag killing Mac Users

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mindless257

07-07-2013

The issue with Mac users gettting random massive lag spikes in games has been prevalent for almost three weeks and Riot hasnt even responded to it. We need Riot support because a massive part of your community cant play or is losing huge amounts of games due to lag spikes that we cant do anything about.
In case you were wondering Im on a 13 inch Macbook Pro
Plz respond. Some of us actually want to play your game.

Vlad Alexa

07-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless257 View Post
The issue with Mac users gettting random massive lag spikes in games has been prevalent for almost three weeks and Riot hasnt even responded to it. We need Riot support because a massive part of your community cant play or is losing huge amounts of games due to lag spikes that we cant do anything about.
In case you were wondering Im on a 13 inch Macbook Pro
Plz respond. Some of us actually want to play your game.
I have some issues with the mac beta but in playing a thousand games or so since the mac beta launched i never even once had any kind of lag spike except a time when my ISP was having issues.

Diagnostic your connection from another machine, e.g.: ping the ip of the riot server you are connecting to (you can get that ip with Packet Peeper.app for example) and if the second machine also shows latency then call your ISP not riot.

heat200

07-09-2013

I'm on 13 inch MBP too, mid-2010 6gb ram, 2.66 ghz, and for the past 2-3 weeks I've been getting huge lag spike too and its caused me way too many deaths

EDIT: Also the lag spikes for me only occur around other summoners and around 10-15 minutes into the game, the lag is so much sometimes that i cant use any spells and am forced to watch myself die. Lastly i believe these lag spikes started for me last patch or the patch before that.

Additionally it also seems to occur on my uncles 15 inch late 2011 MBP, 2.4 ghz, 4 gb ram

perrohunter

07-22-2013

I have 2012 MBP with Retina Display it's an i7 AND IT LAGS LIKE HELL I CAN"T STOP LOSING

WON'T YOU ANSWER RIOT?!?!?!

EDIT: wanted to point out I'm as mad as hell

misspinkranger

07-23-2013

having this exact issue on my mac client as well. Seemed to get worse after most recent patch.

ilmenite

07-23-2013

I have the same problem. 2011 MBP.

I get heavy lag spikes and mini disconnects. do not have this in other games nor on my ps3 ...

DGGP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2013

Confirming that this isn't connection/setup based.

No other game lags, not even a little bit.

This one it doesn't matter what settings you run it at, if it feels like giving you endless "attempting to reconnect" lag it's going to no matter what you do.

Unless Comcast is somehow ONLY messing with League of Legends somehow, I don't understand how it can be anything other than the Client/Servers. I understand I live on the East Coast so under Riot's law I'm inferior and deserve lag, but 80-120 ping was bad enough. Teleport lag makes the game unplayable ._.

ANT1

07-27-2013

Riot's handling of this issue has been MISERABLE (non-existent) so far. So disappointed.

Hulokeruli

08-13-2013

No lag for me. I use a 15" rMBP with 16GB RAM.

I live in Canada.

acrid56

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrohunter View Post
I have 2012 MBP with Retina Display it's an i7 AND IT LAGS LIKE HELL I CAN"T STOP LOSING

WON'T YOU ANSWER RIOT?!?!?!

EDIT: wanted to point out I'm as mad as hell
And i want to point out two things: 1 retina display, and 2, WE CAN"T HELP YOU W/O RAM OR VRAM (got to baot this mac, more info, its memory, and ram is under graphics. additionaly, check out this link:http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3751869