Ashe build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeGlug

12-15-2009

Hi guys

Does anyone know a good ashe build and what items I should be going with?

Warlocklord

12-15-2009

Im currently using Ashe as my champion. my current build is as follows:

Masteries:

all mastery points spent in attack skill (spent on anything for crit damage and attack damage if possible)

Items:

first, Meki Pendant (allows you to continuously harass with volly early game) then upgrade that to Philosophers Stone ASAP

next focus on boots, this is more your call but i go for Boots of Swiftness since Ashe is pretty slow but Berserker boots are a good choice too.

next is your best item, the Infinity Edge (attack damage/critical strike), save up for the B.F. Sword first, youll thank me even though its tough, get the other 2 items as you like.

next is phantom dancer(critical strike/attack speed/movement speed), get the items as you see fit

finally if the game lasts this long and you have been raping, i suggest getting the last whisper (attack speed/armor piercing)

Runes:

all Furor

so with all of these items at lvl 18 i crit for 500+ just about every shot ^^

Krath4

12-15-2009

Regrowth Pendant --> Philosophers Stone

Go for that first. Pendant to stay in your lane for longer, and then upgrade it for much-needed mana regen. Then go for the Berserker's Greaves. People say you should get Boots of Swiftness, but Movement Speed 2 and +25% attack speed works for me. After that, save up for a B.F. Sword, then turn it into an Infinity Edge for damage, crit, and crit damage. If the match is still going, buy a Black Cleaver to make your auto-attack ridiculously deadly. Your next two items are completely up to you, and should be whatever you need in the current match.

For skills, go with the preference Volley - Frost Shot - Enchanted Crystal Arrow - Plentiful Bounty. Taking Volley at level 1 allows you to harass your foe early, letting you farm.

For your summoner spells, I usually take Heal and Teleport. Heal is great for it's survivability, and lets you stay in a lane for that much longer. Teleport allows you to easily help your allies, set up ganks, and get back to your lane quicker.

I can't say much about Masteries and Runes, I'm still a low level.

Warlocklord

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krath4 View Post
Regrowth Pendant --> Philosophers Stone

Go for that first. Pendant to stay in your lane for longer, and then upgrade it for much-needed mana regen. Then go for the Berserker's Greaves. People say you should get Boots of Swiftness, but Movement Speed 2 and +25% attack speed works for me. After that, save up for a B.F. Sword, then turn it into an Infinity Edge for damage, crit, and crit damage. If the match is still going, buy a Black Cleaver to make your auto-attack ridiculously deadly. Your next two items are completely up to you, and should be whatever you need in the current match.

For skills, go with the preference Volley - Frost Shot - Enchanted Crystal Arrow - Plentiful Bounty. Taking Volley at level 1 allows you to harass your foe early, letting you farm.

For your summoner spells, I usually take Heal and Teleport. Heal is great for it's survivability, and lets you stay in a lane for that much longer. Teleport allows you to easily help your allies, set up ganks, and get back to your lane quicker.

I can't say much about Masteries and Runes, I'm still a low level.
I have found through multiple plays with regrowth first that although it does allow you to stay in your lane longer, you can do so much more damage to the enemy by having meki for the tons of extra mana for volley, but its a personal choice. also i get frost shot first for early ganking since volleys cool down is long enough to only let you get out one shot per gank early game whereas frost shot is continuous. getting to level 2 only takes a min anyway then you can start harassing with volley. after that stick with the list above (Preference Enchanted Crystal Arrow > Volley > Frost shot > Plentiful Bounty). I cant say anything about black cleaver since my build is for critical strike and therefore cleaver doesn't do too much for me.

MeGlug

12-15-2009

Thanks for the answers, now I'm owning

420 Warrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

If you are playing against a team with many stuns or slows, you could start with a health crystal and build into catalyst. Since i'm usually soloing mid as Ashe, the catalyst provides enough regen through leveling to keep me topped off mana-wise. The reason why i take the health instead of mana is to help guard against early gank attempts. I usually build catalyst first, then grab +1 boots or BF sword if i can afford it.

For harassment i find that volley + autoattack works pretty well. i try to focus on not getting hit and farming quickly instead of keeping their health down. i volley when i can kill a creep and get a hit in on the champ. i autoattack when i see them go in for a last hit on one of my minions. With a focus on farming i'm usually able to outlevel my lane opponent and get that BF sword. If i'm up against a tank with life regen such as alistar, i'll grab a dagger or recurve bow to last hit minions more easily and also harass better vs the slow movespeed of the tank.

The main reason to take catalyst instead of philostone is that catalyst builds into banshees veil which is really useful lategame. The straight +hp/mana is also more useful for me, since i usually bp back to heal after a fight.

i try to build a damage item vs squishies so i can crit harder on their low hp.

Versus tanks/high hp champs i build attack speed first, usually a recurve bow into last whisper. I find the steady dps works better than hoping to score a string of lucky crits.

So my build will go something like this
HP crystal
Catalyst
Boots or Bf Sword
Inf. Edge
Grab the Banshees veil if you're having trouble staying alive, otherwise..
P Dancer/Cleaver/Starks <-- at this point whatever dps/aspeed item you grab is fine. It just depends on the situation/matchup.

Alternatively (for early team ganking)
Long sword or dagger
Last whisper
Boots
Inf Edge
dps/attack speed

As you can see the main thing is the Inf Edge + attack speed and the +3 boots. The catalyst is just to give you lane staying power so you can farm up to Inf Edge more quickly. Once you have the BF sword (which you should always buy first instead of the cloak or pick) you can start ganking other lanes with teammates. Your burst is very good at this point in the game, since your first hit is pretty much guaranteed to crit.

Always, always stay back and only come to the front of the fight when you need to chase with frost arrow. Not dying is crucial to ashe's game. The less you die, the faster you farm/level, which means you start ganking earlier which means you gain gold quicker. Once you hit level 11 it's pretty much gravy. Her ult is so abusable mid game once it comes off cooldown you should be checking other lanes constantly to look for opportunities to snipe low hp champions whether they are fighting or farming. Its especially easy if they are pushing a tower since they have a tendency to just sit there and attack the tower.

Ashe's game is all about controlling speed. You want to level faster to get catalyst procs to spam more volley + ult. You also want to slow down the opponents last hitting and leveling.
Check the scoreboard a lot early-mid game to make sure that you are the leader in minion kills and that your lane opponent is doing badly. If they have more creep kills than you, you need to harass more with volley or call for a gank in your lane.

Don't underestimate her range with volley, i try to hit champs at the max range most of the time to lessen their ability to counter attack. You do not want to be trading blows with your opponent. Hit and run, close in for the kill when you know they can't fight back.

Don't be afraid to tower hug before you have Inf Edge. It's always better to miss a last hit or two and live than it is to die to a stealthed twitch that shows up between you and your tower.

As for skills, i usually hold off on picking my first skill until i am in position. I'll take frost shot if i know we are going for a lv1 gank. If i'm soloing, i take bounty to get that gold advantage. It doesn't seem like much but it adds up if you focus on last hitting creeps. Volley is always lv2, then bounty, then i max volley > bounty > frost shot. Obviously take your ult at 6/11. Once you get volley's CD down to something reasonable, start spamming it to kill multiple creeps at once.

Regarding lifesteal, i don't take it up until late game. It doesn't add to your ability to directly chase and kill fleeing opponents, which is what i mainly do. If you're not getting hit, lifesteal is completely useless. Later on when i start getting focused in teamfights i pick up malady or a starks for staying power. Don't take it before DPS items or else you are gimping yourself, you won't be hitting hard enough for the amount of hp you steal to be of any use.

This turned into a really long post. Hopefully some of it is useful and enables you to become "that ****ing ashe" in your games.

Cresil

12-15-2009

I really dont like the other builds so im gonna reccomend this

-Philosophers stone
-Boots of speed
-Black Cleaver
-Infinity Edge

I think that's what i usually go with, i dunnp i havent slept in like 35+ hours so my thinking isn't very clear.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

Don't go with the Philosopher stone way, it's bad. very bad.
Go the Catalyst way.

Starting item: Sapphire Crystal + 2 health pot (2 health pot is way enough for harrasing, **** that regrowth pendant)

1. Catalyst the protector
2. Boots
3. B.F Sword
4. Infinity Edge
5. If they have 2-3 tanks: Last Whisper
6. If they have 2-3 caster: Banshee Veil
7. B.F Sword
8. Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver/Phantom Dancer/Stark

I guess it all come to playstyle in the end.. but I used every Ashe build, and the best I found is the Catalyst way.

also for more indepth good Ashe guide, see:

Scoit's Ashe Guide (very long, in depth)
Solomid Ashe guide (short and good)

It's very easy to play Ashe wrong, don't go with the Philisopher Stone, those kind of ashe never tried anything else and are the reason Ashe is seen as a noob champion.