Akali Splash Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Severian NA

07-08-2013

Traditional Karma's splash is easy to fix! Just replace it with the Chinese version *nods sagely* It is absolutely perfect.

BIG RETARD ALERT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2013

.... is Akali splash art that troublesome ? Seriously ? All Sion Splash are terrible and Resistance Caitlyn doesn't even make sense.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2013

How closely does the splash art team work with lore? I ask because the new Riven art isn't great mainly because her facial features (mainly the heavy eyeliner, please delete!) make her look angry and evil which is completely out of her character. I know the art was tweaked to get rid of the terrible blue filter and to make her look less evil but she's still off imo and it feels like a case where the artist didn't even understand who Riven was and what her personality is.

Drizzek

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSilver View Post
These, like the Nidalee skin splashes will be of the first skin splashes to be reworked. Right now our main goal with splash reworks is to address all of the base splashes first, and then we will work on a priority list for skins, which will be judged based on both quality standards and on which skins are the furthest from their in game model counterparts (skins that have had their VU will for the most part be very high on this list.)
I'm wondering about Riven's splash. Didn't play when she was released, so might be wrong, but from what I know she had her base splash changed during her release on official servers (in champion spotlight she has her very first one). Now she gets it reworked again.
[digression] Not that I don't like the new one... except maybe for nose, which kinda makes her look manly, while in other splashes I find it cute, but overall pose is badass. [/digression]

So what's the problem with her? Why I'm asking is because I find Redeemed Riven's splash art to be one of the best in the game (it's what made me buy the skin) and it was in the same champion spotlight I mentioned above with the very first splash, which didn't look well art-wise comparing to the Redeemed or Crimson Elite
I'm interested in your thoughts that made you decide on changing her splash again as well as the backstory behind the first splash

Fenori

07-08-2013

So excited for Akali splash, she's my fave Do you have a Deviantart RiotSilver?

Grey Wolf

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotColdburger View Post
Akali is not my main. All though I do appreciate good art, lighting, composition of handsome female anatomy posed in extreme circumstances - and I know Silver will do this justice.
This makes me ask, when are you going to fix Miss Fortune's base splash art? With apologies to whomever tried to redo it the last time, from her shoulders to the top of her pants looks horrible. Her lace top looks like it is made of plastic!

Kari Arisu

07-08-2013

PLEASE give Silverfang Akali a new splash. It's so awkward and doesn't fit the skin design at all.

Waryo

07-09-2013

On the topic of splash arts..

Where's Scorched Earth Renekton's?

airaze

07-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waryo96 View Post
On the topic of splash arts..

Where's Scorched Earth Renekton's?
Extinct. But anyway not only Akali needs a splash rework...all the Kinkou Ninjas need one. Shen's one is old as hell and Kennen looks like something form a cartoon...

Jarmander

07-11-2013

I fully agree with this as do many others. I do not know why riot hasn't changed it unless they simply haven't noticed or maybe they like it?