Akali Splash Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valla

01-17-2014

Is Akali's Silverfang splash getting reworked as well. It seems to sci fi-ish for Akali and doesn't really fit with her. I really like the in game skin but the splash are looks weird to me.

SlumlordThanatos

01-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSilver View Post
Hey dudes!

This is totally my bad for not jumping back on this thread when it became appropriate to do so.

The Akali splash is still being worked on. I previously had to put this splash on hold to support projects for other events and skins. Splash reworks are very much a high priority, and Akali is about to be picked back up. The team has been in the process of coming up with a plan on how we will go about prioritizing and reworking outdated splashes in the future to bring the most value players as fast as possible. We are also working to have fully dedicated artists only on reworks to make sure that they continue to happen frequently and consistently.

Dudes, I realize this was probably not the answer you guys were looking for. I will be able to provide more context as things get solidified. I am creating a thread now that I will pop into as regularly as possible to address any questions you guys may have that the splash team is ready to answer.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4#post44480294

We will be working very hard now and in the near future to get this stuff sorted out so we can get to the new splash art that your and our favorite champions deserve.

-Silver
Two things.

One, you can say that "splash reworks are a very high priority" but you've been saying that since Nidalee's VU. Where are her updated splash arts? Where are Trundle's? Sejuani's? Master Yi's?

You say it's a priority, but talk is cheap. I've not seen anything new in almost a year.

Two, let's talk about "dynamic poses". The Season 4 login screen is how dynamic poses should be done. Here is how to NOT do dynamic poses:

Name:  New+Sivir+splash+art+link+below+.+http+www.surrenderat20.net+2013+10+1028-pbe-update.html_747465.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  51.8 KB
Name:  riven_splash_5.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  169.3 KB
Dynamic poses should look badass. They should NOT look like the character is in the process of being broken in half by Jean Grey's psychic powers.

Flames of Rage

01-17-2014

Quote:
Hey dudes!

-Silver
Silver, one important question.

What will become of the sideboob?

Icedteaisgood

03-21-2014

Quote:
Akali is definitely a splash that we're looking to have reworked very soon. I'm actually already in the process of working on it and I'm pretty stoked to say that it should reflect her game-play a lot more than the one currently in game (akali is my main).
So, three quarters of a year later, is this any closer to becoming a reality?

bigbirdfudge

03-21-2014

rape face j4

Icedteaisgood

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdfudge View Post
rape face j4
That's so fitting though.

Lesbian Vi

03-21-2014

Quote:
Dudes!

Akali is definitely a splash that we're looking to have reworked very soon. I'm actually already in the process of working on it and I'm pretty stoked to say that it should reflect her game-play a lot more than the one currently in game (akali is my main).

It's gonna take a little bit of time, but we will be getting to every base splash that doesn't meet our current quality standards as well as the ones we feel don't quite fit the character. Bear with us, and definitely keep sending your feedback!

Peace out!
So you don't let them nerf her, huh?

Delibird

03-21-2014

Kinda curious and not sure where else to ask. Do splash artists even consider that the new art is going to be the portrait of a champ in game? I ask because usually it's just *crop* the splash and voila you got the portrait. But lately with sivir, nasus, heimer, and noct's new splashes you have to tweak it because just cropping the splash out = something you can hardly make out in game. Sivir was way too dark, xerath looked like just black and white squiggly lines (still does compared to old art)

I think as a whole picture a lot of the new splashes are so beautiful but just looking at a portrait thumbnail (like xerath) I kinda miss the cave paintings that were at least recognizable.

Dryad Soraka

03-21-2014

Quote:
Dudes!

It's gonna take a little bit of time, but we will be getting to every base splash that doesn't meet our current quality standards as well as the ones we feel don't quite fit the character. Bear with us, and definitely keep sending your feedback!

Peace out!

you lie you lieeeeeeeeee

Phunbaba

03-21-2014

Its amazing how little things get done with the amount of employees at Riot.