ABORT: Pointer is Null

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhystafarian

12-15-2009

Every time I try install LoL, it comes up with
ABORT: Pointer is NULL
(canvas.c/688)

I have tried moving directories and that doesn't change it and I am on the administrator account for this computer.
Any ideas?
I am attempting to install it from the current download, and am running XP if that helps anything.

kharibdis

12-23-2009

I am having the exact same error. Also using windows xp ... though i am using a Macbook pro and booted xp natively through boot camp. I've played PC games like this all the time. Again I am not virtualizing anything.

muddyshoes

01-04-2010

had same problem. just cleared up some memory. need atleast a 1gb (?)

reapermaster

01-04-2010

1 gig is a minimum requirement. I would recommend redownloading the client installer as well if you havent done so already.

Sir Williamm

01-16-2010

Same problem for me too, happened after I has restarted the downloader a few times.
Windows 7.

BroTaKaHiRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

I have figured out the answer to this problem, if you change the directory of the installation folder, it will then allow you to redownload the file. Some reason I believe when you install the updates it does not correctly place the files where it should be. This causing the folder to be corrupted and will not let you play (giving you the error). If you uninstall the game and reinstall it into a new directory (example: old folder= RiotGames, new folder= LOL) After you do this you should be able to enjoy the game once again . Enjoy m8s. I'll be looking to kill you sometime soon!

Hobbes2099

02-27-2010

I just re-installed Win7 and was wondering if it's possible to re-use the 600MB folder the installer downloads. This would save me up of 2 hours. Is there a way to do this, or does the installer MUST download from the server with every new installation?

Mateles

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTaKaHiRo View Post
I have figured out the answer to this problem, if you change the directory of the installation folder, it will then allow you to redownload the file. Some reason I believe when you install the updates it does not correctly place the files where it should be. This causing the folder to be corrupted and will not let you play (giving you the error). If you uninstall the game and reinstall it into a new directory (example: old folder= RiotGames, new folder= LOL) After you do this you should be able to enjoy the game once again . Enjoy m8s. I'll be looking to kill you sometime soon!
Changing the folder did not work for me, and I can't seem to get around this. I had PeerGuardian running but still got the error with it disabled. Do we know if this is definitely a download issue? Or a local file extract problem? I'm running Windows XP and am installing for the first time.

WNxSLaVeR

03-09-2010

I have the same problem since the latest patch i can play on the EU servers but they aint fun and i lag alot lol I REALLY WANNA PLAY

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-09-2010

There are two different errors that come up.

Abort: Pointer is Null, is generally a problem with admin controls. Try right clicking on the executable and running the program as an admin.

Assert: Pointer is Null, is generally an error with the game files / install and can be most easily fixed through a proper reinstall, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=54770