Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Olaf vs Warwick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dremorius

11-26-2010

I'm lost on who to buy. I currently jungle with udyr but want to change it up. Should I go with olaf or warwick?

Which one is better in jungle?

Which one is better for ganking?

Which one is better 35min+

Mr Testiclez

11-26-2010

WW is better at jungling.
Olaf is better at ganking.
Hard to tell.

ISBA Like You

11-26-2010

Quote:
Dremorius:

Which one is better 35min+

Olaf is a far better pick than WW when it comes to late game. The longer the game goes, the more beastly Olaf becomes, whereas WW's strength lies in his early-midgame.

zebano

11-26-2010

Olaf is just better.

PardonMySwag

11-26-2010

You can faceroll with warwick and never die in a jungle.

joshiez

11-26-2010

I own both because they both counter teams... If they're very CC heavy, Olaf laughs at your spells. If they're HP stacky like garen/sion/cho, WW eats your face off.

This probably doesn't help you pick, but it's my opinion.

Alex Pan

11-26-2010

They're both good Anti-Carries.

WW is far better at jungling and has the capacity to counter-jungle much more safely than Olaf.

I personally find Warwick to be a better ganker because Olaf's throw is very easy to dodge, and no intelligent person will run in a straight line to give you a chance to pick up your axe. Warwick simply points, clicks, and they're stunned.

Olaf is very strong if the game actually lasts a really long time. Warwick does less damage overall but is a great mid-game carry and late-game anti-carry. Neither of them are likely to survive a fight late game if the game is close and they've done their jobs.

I also haven't seen an Olaf in ages honestly, I almost completely forgot he existed until Brolaf.

Empress Hilary

11-26-2010

I play both and I say Olaf does better at fighting in team battles. Warwick is a good disable, but he normally dies easily.

Quantumprophecy

11-26-2010

Quote:
Mr ********z:
WW is better at jungling.
Olaf is better at ganking.
Hard to tell.

This is blatantly wrong.

The fastest jungle times are from Olaf. Go to youtube and look at Stonewalls videos for proof. And as others have said, WW is way better at ganking, because all he has to do is Infinite Duress you, and then he even gets a speed boost afterwards. Olaf has to hope you don't dodge (or hope he doesn't miss) his Undertow.

Olafs biggest upside is that come mid-late game, he becomes an unstoppable killing machine, who can tank turrets forever and slaughter entire teams. WW tends to fade out late game, outside of his ultimate.

thatsmywhitemama

11-26-2010

Both of them.