Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A League of RPG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dabocim

07-06-2013

So, I'm an aspiring game designer, and I thought it would be really cool to make a story mode, or a rpg game set in the league universe. Regardless of which I do, there's a matter of copyright stuffs. I was wondering if Riot would be willing to make a freeware game along one of those two line. It's something I want to do, purely for fun, but I also want to show it to the community, which I need permission to do.

So that's the synopsis for my idea, here's the formal question; Riot, would you allow me to use your IP (as in intellectual property) to create what I hope will be a fun spin off game that I can share with the community?

Also one final afterthought; Any players who see this, assuming for a sec I'm given a green light, what would you want to see in this?

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this riot, and thanks in advance for any awesome ideas you send my way players. I'm looking forward to this

Fizzwiggle

07-06-2013

Bump.

Shadowmender

07-07-2013

I would support it if you could give some kinda basic idea behind this. Like, do you want a Diablo-like ARPG? Or do you want like a board game-ish...game with RPG elements? Or will it be like a interactive book? Or is it a tabletop RPG? Or...what are you planning on doing with it, assuming you were given permission?
BTW, I am a programmer, so anything you need help with, I can probably provide some support should you need it.

Dabocim

07-07-2013

So, I was thinking something similar to skyrim in a sense. Maybe like a third person over the shoulder action rpg. Or maybe something like dragon age, where it's like an rts rpg almost. If you need anymore specifics lemme know.

Flyingdragon51

07-07-2013

This is great, if you want any help I'd be glad to help

SomeBrony

07-07-2013

Bump

YokoAhava

07-07-2013

bamp

EDIT: Idea, if your game has a daily thing for entering, make it a wheel where Garen spins, and wherever his sword lands is what you get.

Or have "Spin to Win" be a minigame, where you spin around with a sword and try to get a high score smashing things. This would be similar in style to Legend of Zelda minigames where it holds minor importance but you get something you need from it.

TrapLord Addison

07-07-2013

Bumpin

hotfire

07-07-2013

I support but you have to get Renekton Bot to approve all the dialog.

tedp123

07-07-2013

Bump