Why isn't fizz played in competitive games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kim Jong Krill

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arotisan3 View Post
He was ACTUALLY used in LCS (EU I believe)...

It's just that Alex Ich didn't do too well with him so others players thought it wouldn't be a good idea to use him. And that was the start and end of Fizz's LCS career.
Watch the Fnatic vs Lemon Dogs game. nukeduck uses him and does quite well, going 8/4 I think. I think he can be a very strong pick against common mid laners like zed and I'm wondering why he's used so rarely.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong Krill View Post
Watch the Fnatic vs Lemon Dogs game. nukeduck uses him and does quite well, going 8/4 I think. I think he can be a very strong pick against common mid laners like zed and I'm wondering why he's used so rarely.
":/ who the **** is lemon dogs"
~the average not impress player

Kim Jong Krill

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
":/ who the **** is lemon dogs"
~the average not impress player

Lemon Dogs are the 6th ranked team in EU LCS at 5-7. They've beaten EG and Fnatic so they obviously have some idea of what their doing.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-06-2013

Quote:
Lemon Dogs are the 6th ranked team in EU LCS at 5-7. They've beaten EG and Fnatic so they obviously have some idea of what their doing.
that's great but what about all the hype? I'm sure theyre great but you have to be somebody cool to make the champs you play matter :P

Kim Jong Krill

07-06-2013

Quote:
that's great but what about all the hype? I'm sure theyre great but you have to be somebody cool to make the champs you play matter :P
True, I mean they don't have an Alex Ich or a Voyboy do they XD. My point more was that an LCS team used it and beat Xpeke who is one of the best in Europe, not that everyone should start playing Fizz because Lemon Dogs played him.

stoutcarrot

07-06-2013

Fizz is a wood league favorite like Akali. When someone picks Fizz in ranked you just know they're down with the syndrome. All the idiots love the 1v1 me bro champs, that have no technical play.

Any mid laner with a brain will poop on Fizz. Oh yeah and he drops off around 15 minutes in if he doesn't have 20 kills.

Kim Jong Krill

07-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutcarrot View Post
Fizz is a wood league favorite like Akali. When someone picks Fizz in ranked you just know they're down with the syndrome. All the idiots love the 1v1 me bro champs, that have no technical play.

Any mid laner with a brain will poop on Fizz. Oh yeah and he drops off around 15 minutes in if he doesn't have 20 kills.
I more or less disagree with every single thing you just said. While I'm not going to say Fizz is incredibly hard, he's a lot harder than spinning in circles, *cough* garen *cough*. Second, how does "any mid laner with a brain poop on Fizz"? He is a good counter, like any other assassin, to many apc's. So basically your saying that every assassin is bad? So basically all the pro players are stupid because they lose to a zed when playing some squishy apc? Also every duelist is a "1v1 me bro champion" so basically any champ that is good in a 1v1 is easy according to you. Finally you say that Fizz drops off at 15 min. 15 min is basically mid game, and thats where Fizz is his best, when he can roam around and pick off people. I have had only a couple kills in mid game and picked some people off and snowballed ahead. You have played Fizz before and seem to actually be good with him, according to LolKing, so I'm confused on why you think he's bad.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-06-2013

Quote:
I more or less disagree with every single thing you just said. While I'm not going to say Fizz is incredibly hard, he's a lot harder than spinning in circles, *cough* garen *cough*. Second, how does "any mid laner with a brain poop on Fizz"? He is a good counter, like any other assassin, to many apc's. So basically your saying that every assassin is bad? So basically all the pro players are stupid because they lose to a zed when playing some squishy apc? Also every duelist is a "1v1 me bro champion" so basically any champ that is good in a 1v1 is easy according to you. Finally you say that Fizz drops off at 15 min. 15 min is basically mid game, and thats where Fizz is his best, when he can roam around and pick off people. I have had only a couple kills in mid game and picked some people off and snowballed ahead. You have played Fizz before and seem to actually be good with him, according to LolKing, so I'm confused on why you think he's bad.
fizz does fall off at about 15 minutes.. but what do you do when you fall off.....

a) get back on
b) just focus who you can
c) just don't feed cuz you already ruined the midlaner, mission accomplished
d) all the above

Kim Jong Krill

07-06-2013

Quote:
fizz does fall off at about 15 minutes.. but what do you do when you fall off.....

a) get back on
b) just focus who you can
c) just don't feed cuz you already ruined the midlaner, mission accomplished
d) all the above

I really would not say he falls of that early, I mean if your 0/2 then yes, but if I have a couple kills early, maybe 2,3 or 4, I will be able to pick people off and be strong mid game.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-06-2013

Quote:
I really would not say he falls of that early, I mean if your 0/2 then yes, but if I have a couple kills early, maybe 2,3 or 4, I will be able to pick people off and be strong mid game.
He does, that's not really midgame necessarily either.

The problem is that around 10-20 minutes is when you would ideally make your first trip back to base in a fairly normal game. Its also around the time when a lot of wards bought around 12 minutes in should be dieing and people are approaching level 9 and people are starting to roam and stuff.