Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stacking archangels staves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zornith

11-26-2010

What champions is this effective on? I'm thinking of trying out ryze and it seems to have decent synergy with his abilities.

KylianYo

11-26-2010

Heim is about the only champ that it is "viable" on, though even that is a stretch. In a realistic match with a competent enemy you will require boots, magic pen, a zonyas (assuming you are going for maximum ap?), and at least one survivability item prior to building a second archangels. Most matches won't provide that much farm, so unless you are an incredible farmer (such as a heim) then its not really viable.

Fuzzy Lil Kitten

11-26-2010

Played against an AP Ez that used 3-4 of them. Wasn't all that impressed. I was playing gragas at the time and only had about 40 AP less than him, but with double his armor/MR and 1k more hp.

I've seen it do well on veigar, ryze and karthus

Amatzikahni

11-26-2010

Quote:
KylianYo:
In a realistic match with a competent enemy you will require boots, magic pen, a zonyas, and at least one survivability item prior to building a second archangels. Most matches won't provide that much farm, so unless you are an incredible farmer then its not really viable.

This. If you just want to stack AAS on any champion, I don't have any offers to give. At least get Sorc boots and Zhonya's if you're going to do it. However, I have to say that there are better builds for every champion than 4 AAS + Boots + Zhonya's. The AP stacking takes a toll later in the game when you start needing other stats/effects from your items (unless the enemies don't know how to focus a caster with 1400 health and 40 Armor/MR; go ahead then). I personally require CDR and can't always get Blue, and often enemies notice when I'm doing better than my allies, so I need to get tank items if our composition doesn't allow me to burst effortlessly. Try getting items to counter your opponents instead of building a glass cannon.

Fluffy1

11-26-2010

ironically ryze is the last person you want to try it on given not only is his farming poor before his ult but hes also the shortest ranged caster, get close and you will die if sneezed on.

Redenbacher

11-26-2010

I suggest trying it on Vladimir.

All that AP is more HP? Amirite?

In other words, glass cannon builds are rarely, if ever, effective.

Cenerae

11-26-2010

Stacking Archangels is effective on nobody, because you become a glass cannon caster. That aside, if you're hell bent on getting the most AP possible (regardless of whether or not a void staff may serve you better, or if you might need a defensive item), then stacking Archangels is effective on anyone with a mana pool. But you'll still need a Zhonya to max your AP.

Pissfer

Recruiter

11-26-2010

Quote:
Redenbacher:
I suggest trying it on Vladimir.

All that AP is more HP? Amirite?

In other words, glass cannon builds are rarely, if ever, effective.

Except he doesn't have mana therefore he gets nothing from it

domkantas

11-26-2010

my friend plays casters and he tipically goes with standard build for that champ BUT if match goes long enough to build full set of items he sells a lot of them and just stacks AS. Believe when karthus has 1300 AP, no fun for the enemy team

Ozmega

11-26-2010

Lol