Jungle tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2010

I was playing Jungle shen.

I bought cloth armor and some health pots.

I started with the golem.
I stood at it's spot for a while. It spawned, I attacked it

I had it almost killed, but then was ganked by olaf, two hits was all it took.
He then took the golem buff, and filled the jungle with wards.

After which point, every time I even did as much as enter the forest I would find myself face to face with olaf.
I could run away, but he made it impossible for me to jungle.

What did I do wrong?

What should I have done?

Should I have started laning instead?

What general tips do you think would help me?

SoIo Wing

11-26-2010

You need your teammates to watch your back. until the enemy are all visible on the map.

Momciloo

11-26-2010

tell your teammates to protect you duh....

Siegfryd

11-26-2010

You also shouldn't use smite until you can guarantee getting the kill, that way it's a lot harder to steal your buffs.

undercover sbz

11-26-2010

That's a **** scenario, however, you can't stand at blue buff all the time, you have to check your surroundings by standing in the bushes near mid. Solo top or bottom duo meanwhile is keeping an eye on the blue entrance from river, and once timer hits 1:45 you can go to your buff and kill it. Shen is a bit slower than Udyr or Warwick with this. If say Olaf comes whilst you are slaying your blue, he is seriously risking it and if you are low on hp, then you should get away asap and ping him, so mid can go counter gank.

I've had these games where the enemy tries to completely deny you your jungle, it certainly denies you exp and therefore ganking potential, but if your team calls mia's, and if you have reasonable map awareness, can turn into some free kills once you catch the enemy in your jungle.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover sbz View Post
That's a **** scenario, however, you can't stand at blue buff all the time, you have to check your surroundings by standing in the bushes near mid. Solo top or bottom duo meanwhile is keeping an eye on the blue entrance from river, and once timer hits 1:45 you can go to your buff and kill it. Shen is a bit slower than Udyr or Warwick with this. If say Olaf comes whilst you are slaying your blue, he is seriously risking it and if you are low on hp, then you should get away asap and ping him, so mid can go counter gank.

I've had these games where the enemy tries to completely deny you your jungle, it certainly denies you exp and therefore ganking potential, but if your team calls mia's, and if you have reasonable map awareness, can turn into some free kills once you catch the enemy in your jungle.
Ah, many thanks man.

I did try something similar...I dragged him over to our kassadin mid, who, as soon as I brought him over attacked their malz...

Needless to say we both died...and he raged at me for bringing Olaf near...