Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In Game Voice Chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

07-05-2013

Why isn't there in-game voice chat for this game? This game requires so much communication that even the new smart pings aren't enough sometimes.

Wraithowl

07-05-2013

Bump!

Counterf4te

07-05-2013

Would be like call of duty voice chat.

Christianx93

Recruiter

07-05-2013

as much as i love voice communication, i feel like it would just be like the text chat just over voice.

oPimp

07-06-2013

Quote:
Christianx93:
as much as i love voice communication, i feel like it would just be like the text chat just over voice.

Agreed.
Do you really want to listen to a bunch of people flame at eachother like in CoD?

Kjetter

07-06-2013

In game voice chat would be terrible. You would have so many ragers.

Neyren

07-06-2013

There already are a lot of ragers. And it's not like it would be mandatory, and if people ignore chat as is now, might as well make it usable for the people who at least want to win. Why not at least put it there?

whosReversal

07-06-2013

If they implement this into the game, it should have an option if you want to play with players using 'voice option' or 'in game chat option' and you should be able to mute people due to ragers etc.

UnblestDevotee

07-06-2013

I would hate this feature. Too many toxic players and then even the ones who arn't toxic you'll end up hearing kids screaming in the background while Mr.Tubby is eating a giant bag of cheetos. It just won't go well.

Cawayan

07-06-2013

I'm glad we don't have voice chat. It's actually one of the main reasons I prefer LoL to HoN.

I find that voice chats can be unnerving as well as distracting; even when playing with nice players.

I rather like the anonymity of text chat. None of the toxic players can troll or harass based on gender, age, or accent this way.

I also love how simple and universal the pings, allowing players who don't speak the same language to communicate.