Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soraka: Do I Make You Horny Baby?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr W

11-26-2010

She's fun to play in general to me beacuse you are constantly using spells. Infuse (if it's the no mana cost silence) is an awesome skill and Wish is great against the Galios.

ChucklePuck

11-26-2010

Quote:
Kvoth3:
Don't be afraid to last-hit minions with your infuse (E?), since it's free.

That's not really accurate; There's still an opportunity cost. It technically "costs" 1 mana for 1 damage (+0.6 Ability Power), which isn't stellar. Your laning partner is much more likely to benefit more from their half of the 50/100/150/200/250 mana, than the benefit you get from a last hit. If you're both at full health/mana, be more aggressive! Just practice your swing timer, take the easy last hits, and don't sweat whatever money your laning partner "steals" from you.

My summoner is only level 18, mind you, but here are a few tricks I've picked up:

-Cooldown Reduction gives more frequent infusions, and higher healing throughput

-Don't be afraid to heal minions! rank 3 heal can keep a tank minion alive against a tower almost indefinitely. Combine with starfall on incoming waves to push a tower risk-free

-An early heal in a team fight is significant bonus armor; be mindful of who will take the brunt of their physical damage on your team

-You are effective at keeping the other 4 team members in the fight. Keeping your one or two carries alive through timely heals and silences will MORE than make up for your lack of dps

-Using abilities on cooldown will keep your team in the lane longer, with fewer trips back to heal, and less chances for them to push towers.

Empress Hilary

11-26-2010

I think an agressive Soraka is the way to go. I play her like an angry Goddess and she tears enemies up in the laning phase. This allows my partner to rack up kills, which normally means a fed champ. I build almost pure AP, but it is situational.

M4nTiCoR3

11-27-2010

^This is how i play her too. My record speaks for itself, and though it is a small sample size of about 30 games; I am playing with a 75% W/L record right now. I have been playing very well lately, even when put in compromising positions like 2v1 a lane. I utterly destroyed a Malphite who could never get his sheild up and got harrassed out of lane. While he was back at fountain his buddy panth tired to ravage me...i poped my cleanse...lured him into my minion wave, and as he went for the killing blow dropped my Ult/Heal/Silence combo! He goes down in flames...and im sitting pretty with full health and a big creep wave to push his tower down with. It falls right as malphite gets back and I back for items. Good times.

Her squishyness is overcome somewhat with her heals. An enemy team that decieds to focus you in every fight and has enough CC to do the job will make your life not so fun, but this is true of all champs. The trick is to have a strong enough Tank/Carry combo by that point that they suicide trying to get me. If the Tank/Carry are playing badly...and you get focused in every fight...its likely lights out.

Getting closer to a generall build i like with some variation based on the enemy team. Sadly most of my wins come at early times so i never have a chance to really finish a build out...but there are worse things than winning i suppose.