Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLucas64

07-06-2013

Thanks for all the input, Except for one. I have a job btw. I know I would like name! I would love her! But not aloud to get RP. I think I will be saving for a while... Thanks again. Anymore ideas would be nice.

KingSnafu

07-06-2013

every support is useful for different team comps if ur going to main it, then get them all, and learn them all.

MrSc0tty

07-06-2013

Well, Janna can be something of a good substitute for Thresh in that she has ranged attacks with good cc, a great way to peel for teammates and basically just ccs the entire enemy team in a teamfight.

She's less blatantly overpowered, but she does some of the same stuff so she's a good substitute for the permabanned one.

The only change is, lane phase you'll have to be A LOT less aggressive as in all ins, and more aggressive as in poking the enemy champs.

Blitztrooper

07-06-2013

Nami is a solid support with good aggressive play. You can literally poke and heal at the same time.

Sona is another well-rounded support with built-in auras and a massive AoE stun as an ult.

Janna is another decent one. Her tornadoes can wreak havoc, and her ult is surprisingly versatile.

Leaning on the aggressive side, you have Leona and Blitzcrank. Leona is quite tanky and is loaded with CC. Blitzcrank...YOINK their ADC into your team.

greggoeT

07-06-2013

Leona has the most cc in the game, Nami is great at being aggressive. So if you want a good poke and initiate champ, go Leona or Nami. They both have amazing ults when used right, as well.

The Torpe

07-06-2013

Sona and Janna are both very cheap, flexible, and viable.

Thaoin

07-06-2013

Sona is great when you have an ADC that can poke at a safe distance (Ezreal, MF, Varus) and also have an AoE Ult (Ezreal, Varus, MF). Her W Powercord can turn around fights or even shut down high damage players when used before or after an exhaust. Her Q Powercord can secure kills for your ADC or used for huge amount of poke (seriously its crazy damage). The down sides of Sona is that shes slow, squishy, and mana hungry try not to pick her against a kill lane. (Leona and Thresh will skull **** you)

Nami is best when it comes to engaging/disengaging I find. She works great with any ADC that has a "on hit" effect (Vayne, Varus, Ashe). Her heal also lets you safely return poke while healing the damage taken. Her ult works wonders with "all in" champs. Nami's downside is her Q and Ult are slow and can be dodged easily, shes also a champion you'd want to be careful about picking agaisnt a kill lane (Leona will ruin your anus)

Lulu is the best hands down when you have a tankier team comp, or a dive heavy ADC at your side. (Graves, Draven, Urgot). Shes able to poke as well as the above champions as well has an enormous amount of utility through her slows, polymorphing, LoS (Line of Sight), and health boost. Junglers that usually dive the enemy team a lot (Amumu, Zac, Jarvan) will love your ult. Lulu's biggest problem is if shes trying to win a poke fight against say Sona or Janna she'll end up burning all her mana since shes easy to dodge or if you're fighting a champion like Alistar he'll just man mode you all day long.

Janna is in the same boat as Nami, the only difference is that your ult can mess everything up if not properly used. Her shield is fantastic with an ADC with early damage (Graves, Draven, Vayne) it also helps them take less damage when trading. Her CC's can keep most champions at bay or guarantee that the enemy isn't going to get away. The biggest thing people have issues with when it comes to Janna is people failing at her Ult, her Ult has the power to save both your ally and the enemy is can also doom your ally or allow a kill on the enemy. Lane wise Janna is a fairly safe pick when compared to other supports due to her high mobility and CC.

Leona is the manliest man tank that has ever existed. She WILL carry the lane and is a deadly combination with most ADCs more so with Draven, Graves, or Vayne. Her W lets her take enormous amounts of punishment. Her E, Q combo will 80% of the time guarantee the kill. Her ult is always is just insane especially when you have an AoE team comp. Oh Leona how I love thee sadly I wouldn't suggest picking her unless you Duo Q, Leona is an "all in" champion and if you're team and ADC isn't on the same page as you (happens 90% of the time in Bronze - Gold) you can land the world best and most beautiful engage ever but you'll be all alone and no one beside you to follow up. She also requires that you get got those kills for your ADC, Leona HAS to build tanky items first just so she can survive so if you have a passive lane (Ashe) you might as well have picked someone else.

Taric an interesting champion, since you can be both really passive or really aggressive. His W help your ADC be slightly more tanky and on use gives him some sweet armour pen. A decent combo to always pull off is your Stun (E) and your W this lets your ADC rip through them before they can even get away. His ult is a great damage booster as well as a face melter (never under estimate R W combos). He works extremely well with Graves, Draven, Miss Fortune. Taric's biggest draw backs is the fact that if he's caught out you cant really do anything to get away, unlike other supports he only has 1 CC so stunning the right person makes a big difference.

Hopefully this helps you a bit in choosing another support. I'd list more bust honestly they're either non-conventional supports or they just fall off late game, that or I'm just too lazy to care about them :P

DragonIroh

07-06-2013

Nami is an excellent support. For aggressive supports, try Leona or even Jarvan.