Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLucas64

07-05-2013

I really want to main support for my ranked team. I am really good at Thresh! But to come he is banned alot, by alot I mean alot! So I need and alternative. Alistar doesnt seem good enough, Soroka is to heal on a stick, Kayle is ok, and those are my support champs. I cant buy RP due to parental control, but really want to know who has mechanics similar to Thresh that can support in Ranked.

My favorite Champs are Thresh, Varus, and Lissandra if that helps. Could Lissandra be a Viable support? IDK just need advice.

smalltx

07-05-2013

Alistar is one of my favorite supports. He is good if played right. Typical combo is knockup>knockback your target so they can't escape.

Leona is a fantastic support and has some of the most CC in the game. She can shutdown any champ for two seconds or more with her ult/stun combo. Her ult stuns multiple targets if placed well in teamfights.

Nami is also a good support with decent cc and good heals. But since you can't buy RP, my suggestion would be to learn Alistar, as imo he's your best bet for an all around great and cheap support. Watch diamond/platinum/challenger Alistar matches on youtube to learn how to get good with him.

Tsuol Akussa

07-05-2013

Also even though as of right now she is being used more for AP mid. Karma I find works as a wonderful support, she starts with her ult, and has a nice chain stun, along with a powerful AoE Q. she can't heal, but she is great for those moments you need your team to runaway as she can give everybody a nice 60% speed boost and a shield for X amount of damage from all sources. (Saved my life from a Darius hemorrhage more than once.)

solvernia

07-05-2013

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I started getting really really good with Thresh's mechanics and now he's banned pretty much every game I play. I switched to Nami and I honestly think she's amazing. She has great CC, and a buff to apply to your adc' auto attacks. If you can land a bubble and follow it up with an ult right after, it's a pretty good chance your team will get a kill, if not a guarantee.

Aside from her I like Leona but the problem I face with her is that I like to be aggressive and her lack of ranged attacks puts me in danger quite often.

Some other really good supports to try out as far as their kit goes would be Janna and Lulu. Janna has great disengage as well as a huge AOE heal (which can be used defensively and offensively. I've flashed past the enemy adc and ulted which knocked them back towards my tower and we got a kill from it.) And with Lulu you can polymorph their adc and ult your adc in a team fight or even in lane. Janna has a good shield for adc and tower defense and Lulu has a built in slow with her Q and it deals pretty good damage.

SirLucas64

07-05-2013

I think I would like Nami or Lulu but 6300 IP is alot for me to get. I have 500 right now... I might get Janna and try her. I have tried Leona and I dont like her cause of no ranged attacks. Karma I have tried and she isnt... my style.

Again could Lissandra ever be a viable support?

ChiSqrd

07-05-2013

Seems like you like to play aggressive. So Leona, Nami, Zyra, and Sona would all be good. Alistar is somewhat defensive and it can be hard to make plays without flash.

XDreamshots603X

07-05-2013

Nunu still makes for a good cheap support bro, better in the jungle this season though

ClockworkDay

07-05-2013

Nami is a really strong support. She's a ton of fun, and she is pretty stable when it comes to staying in lane.

Sona is pretty good not complex to play but knowing how to manage your mana so you don't go oom can be an issue.

I'm not a big fan of Karma support but if you want a strong poke comp on bot lane she can deal a good amount of harass.

If you need help with any of those champs I mentioned let me know and I'll try and help you out.

youngkiid

07-05-2013

well I don't think lissandra can be viable as a support. Though nunu is a great choice for a support even though he seems to fit well in the jungle. Saving up does take time but in the long run it pays off..... or you know you could get a job, that's always an option.

Lonely Lunatic

07-05-2013

I highly recommend nami when you can buy her since she can be very aggressive.