What TT needs to make adc's viable

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eagle Orion

Senior Member

07-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
Why not quote that user and why should I be embarrassed? I don't know who he or she is, but given that the topic appeared on (the Riot Red Tracker and) more than one website discussing ADCs and their affect on the game is there any reason not to quote the main post of that topic?
Why? For the reasons I mentioned. The guy's complaint was overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
Disregarding his or her or anybody else that shares the same opinion based solely on character is a logical fallacy in addition to making any association with it.
What? If his opinion reflects his attitude, and his attitude sucks, then yes, what he says needs to be disregarded. He's not thinking reasonably. If his opinion is right, and his reasoning is wrong, he still needs to be ignored. I'll discuss the topic with somebody else who isn't annoying.

It doesn't matter whether I agree or disagree with an opinion. I wouldn't want someone defending my opinions with horrible reasoning. If you support a good idea on bad grounds, then you've put a good idea on bad grounds. I don't need to explain why that's a problem.

Also, if you're claiming that I'M disregarding YOUR opinion based on Falcon's comments, then you're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
Let's not forget that you're moving the goalposts as well from making ADCs viable to making ADCs viable in normal matchmaking and/or without building a team comp behind them.
Yes, it's called changing-my-opinion. You convinced me, along with a few other posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
How is Riot supposed to make your allies pick certain champions that you want them to pick?
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
If you want a meta change, you need to raise awareness that it works.
But does it work in normals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
...and it's more than common in normals there.
Is it? And is it working as well? This is my new question that I asked a few posts ago, but you're still dwelling on older stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
Your comments on the above nerfings to make ADCs more viable in 5s never discussed how 3s already took them into account before either. you just "REALLY?-ed" selective ones in the list. And you qualified in the first post that you didn't know of all the changes, and I certainly can't say that I do either.
Changes to the maps aren't the same as changes to champs. My comments on FalconPaw's remarks have nothing to do with my comments on the map changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
Nerf of Wartmog's, removal from TT and adding in a weaker substitute to make brusiers easier to kill.
Removal of Thornmail, allowing for ADCs to not have their lifesteal and damage hardcountered by a low cost item.
Creation of Mercurial Scimitar, allowing for QSS to be upgraded for damage on-top of its cleanse active.
Creation of Runic Bulwark, allowing for more defense to be received by aura.
Creation of Locket of the Iron Solari, allowing for more defense to be received by aura.
Creation of Ichor of Rage, to increase the siege ability of ADCs earlier on and later in the game by combining two of the former elixirs in one totaling over 2500 worth of stats for 500g.
Nerf of Omen, to weaker brusiers
Nerf of Frozen Heart, to weaker brusiers
Rework of Blade of the Ruin King, to favor use by ADCs over bruisers.
Passive increased gold gain on TT, to grant ADCs more gold earlier on.
These are item changes. Again, not the same as the map rework. Some are changes to TT-specific items, but only a few of them are. And Riot isn't doing ALL of this because Riot is dumb and biased to ADC's. They made so many changes because bruisers continually showed evidence of being overpowered. Not resolving that issue would have been "catering" to bruisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
either I didn't explain myself well enough or you might want to reread my post.

It wasn't implying that ADCs are OP by design. It's that balances already favor ADCs, they are already viable in 3s and not every map needs to cater solely to them.
Maybe you need to reread FalconPaws post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
Because of your nonstop complaining about how useless your favorite class was, you resulted in the nerfs of everything that remotely counters you.
That's a pretty extreme comment, and I treated it as extreme, (and treated yours as if you agreed.) But I mainly made the "apocalyptically op" remark in a goofy mood. The post in itself was meant to be mildly humorous. If it came off as offensive, I apologize. Still, "catering" is a stronger term than you think. Rebalancing to make adc's viable is not "catering" to adc's. If they're not OP on 5s, then 5s isn't catering to them. 5s is just treating them like other champs.

EDIT: I was reading through FalconPaw's post a little bit more, and I saw a DoubleLift interview posted, to which FalconPaw replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
Oh I know. This interview alone brainwashed half the LoL community that can't think for themselves.
This guy's comments are way overboard. That's just a fact. I have good reasons to facepalm at him.


123