High ELO Twisted Fate.. halp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh1fty

12-14-2009

I cant figure out what build is best. Both DPS and AP build have provided me good results, but I'm wondering about some more builds that high Elo TF players use.

A link to a guide or an explanation on what to get would be kosher.

Thanks!

Rudeboymike

12-15-2009

As far as i know, with most characters that can go either AP/DPS... AP is better early game, DPS is better late game.

Generally, id like to think, if you got a carry already, go AP. If there is no carry.. go DPS.

Fate is going to get reworked next patch, so i probably wouldn't commit to one build just yet.

Nerdrage

12-15-2009

I like going somewhere in between.

Chalice
Boots (Either zerkers or mercury based on the opposition)
Trinity Force

that's the bread and butter of my build, from there it all depends on what you need.

Dying too fast? I get Warmogs.
---STILL dying too fast? Guardian.
Enemy team has too much MR? Void Staff
Enemy team is HP stacking beyond belief and you have far too much time to farm without being able to push their inhib? I like me some Madreds. (helps get baron faster too which is a plus)

Most of fates items need to be reactive to what the enemy does to make him most effective.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2009

Sheen
Sorcerer Boots
RoA
Lich Bane
Void Staff

BackslashZr0

12-15-2009

AP/DPS Hybrid
-----------------------------------
Sheen -> Trinity Force
Fiendish Codex -> Nashor's Tooth
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Swift Boots
Stark's Fervor / Bloodthirster
Deathfire Grasp / Madred's Bloodrazor

wildfire393

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackslashZr0 View Post
AP/DPS Hybrid
-----------------------------------
Sheen -> Trinity Force
Fiendish Codex -> Nashor's Tooth
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Swift Boots
Stark's Fervor / Bloodthirster
Deathfire Grasp / Madred's Bloodrazor
I've considered the Hybrid path myself. The problem is, there are only really three items that do hybrid abilities (the first three listed), meaning neither will end up being that strong.

I feel like for the last two slots, you need to pick either AP or Attack and get two amazing items for that type. Either Void Staff + Zhonya's Ring (for AP) or Last Whisper + Infinity Edge (for Attack).

Sh1fty

12-16-2009

Thanks for the replies. How will he be reworked? I've committed to TF already, and have gotten fairly good with him in the past month.

Sh1fty

12-16-2009

Also, any rune page ideas? Right now I'm using a movement speed / Crit page.

Tarion

12-16-2009

The build I played around with for a while (After shamelessly lifting it from cFangNasty) was to go
Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP pots
Crystal -> Sheen
Boots
Catalyst
Boots -> Merc Treads (Or Sorc boots)
Catalyst -> RoA
Void Staff
Sheen -> Lich Bane
Zhonya's

I don't know if that's exactly the build order he uses (Although it seems most logical based on what I saw when looking through his past games), but it seemed to work rather nicely.

Note: Not endorsed by cFangNasty. I have never spoken to cFangNasty. If this fails for you... ah well :P This was all worked out by searching for his profile and looking at his past games. He is (if it is cFangNasty I'm thinking of) the top ranked player, so I assume he knows his ****. Also, the Zhonya's was just me, I think. Don't know if I found that from him.

FABIOForever

12-16-2009

I almost never go AP builds. So it makes wild card do more damage, maybe double if you pour about 8000 gold into it. Gold card damage is pretty insignificant as far dps goes, same for burst.

I concentrate on cooldown then go for dps. With high dps and a 16 second gate cooldown, you become a teleporting nightmare who can push all over the place. Your teammates will be yelling at you to stay in a 5 man group, but ignore them. Tell them to defend while you tear down buildings in under 10 seconds. The enemy either lets you destroy their inhibitors or are forced to pull people back for guard duty. Either way you win.

The people who think gold card is the deadliest part about TF are dead wrong.

Off the top of my head:

+200 mana crystal
boots-->beserker
nashtors
Brutalizer
last whisper

Go wherever you want from there. Just remember crits and lifesteal are worthless on buildings, which is what you should be attacking (maybe bloodthirster just because it can get you the best damage bonus for the cost in the game).