Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skins are too pricey

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gale

12-14-2009

A skin should never be more then 3 dollars in my opinion. That is probably the most I will ever pay for a simple skin swap. I would have actually probably bought 2-3 skins by now (well if they had skins for characters I play that is) if each skin was only 2 dollars.

Zerdo

12-15-2009

Quote:
Gale:
A skin should never be more then 3 dollars in my opinion. That is probably the most I will ever pay for a simple skin swap. I would have actually probably bought 2-3 skins by now (well if they had skins for characters I play that is) if each skin was only 2 dollars.

Totally. If it's just a recolor, I'd pay a dollar. If it has some different design, I'd pay two dollars. If they add a new feature like the hats or whatever, I'd pay 3.

Azunyan

12-15-2009

Quote:
Zerdo:
Totally. If it's just a recolor, I'd pay a dollar. If it has some different design, I'd pay two dollars. If they add a new feature like the hats or whatever, I'd pay 3.

EDIT: Actually, this post summed up my thoughts better than my own post.

Sefam

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Quote:
Zileas:
I'll forward this to Chris. I think it's fair to say that we aren't entirely sure what the right price on skins is. It is probably different for different skins though.... Gentleman Chogath is probably more valuable than Rusty Steam Golem. OF course, nothing is better than gentleman Chogath...

Thank you, and I agree, nothing is better than Mentlegen Chogath(Team Fortress 2 meme).

I look forward to a reasonable price and maybe giving in some cash to buy some skins for my favorite heroes(I want a Malphite skin!).

Arthas Menethil

Recruiter

12-15-2009

example of skins that are worth the current price:

the christmas skins for tristana and teemo, zilean and some others
and ghost gangplank when it comes out

everything else is just palette swapping

Sefam

Recruiter

12-15-2009

For those talking about hats, here's a link from Team Fortress 2:

http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/hats/

Wearing a lot of hats makes you superior

Faro

Recruiter

12-15-2009

Quote:
Sefam:

Wearing a lot of hats makes you superior

Nunu has two hats.

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=10018&d=1260856605

Super champion? Bust out the nerf bat? Most definitely.

Patyrn

12-15-2009

Quote:
I'll forward this to Chris. I think it's fair to say that we aren't entirely sure what the right price on skins is. It is probably different for different skins though.... Gentleman Chogath is probably more valuable than Rusty Steam Golem. OF course, nothing is better than gentleman Chogath...

Put the micro back into micropayment and I would buy the **** out of luxury items. If you took TF2s idea and sold hats that could be applied to any hero, and charged like $1 a hat, I would buy every god**** tophat I could find.

Skins should be $1-$2 or MAX $3 if it's super cool. I just can't justify buying some pixels for anything more than that.

FalseMyrmidon

12-15-2009

Quote:
Zileas:

Remember how well Oblivion's Horse Armor went over at $3 (I think it was 3 anyways). Granted LOL is somewhat a different animal but that should show how much players think cosmetic changes are worth.

ketchup

Recruiter

12-15-2009

I agree with most of the above posters and their views. The pricing for skins is a bit too much. Especially considering that most of the skins are just recolors of the original model. Now, if the models were altered, I can understand the reason to charge more(since model changing would require more effort put into it). In any case, glad that it's being looked into.