Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skins are too pricey

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

Recruiter

12-14-2009

3-8$ IS pricey for a recolor. Whether you can pay or not for it is irrelevant (EDIT requested by People Who Cannot Read)

I never actually looked at skins before this Ashe skin announcement.

I am appalled, horrified and backstabbed by the draconian prices for the skins. I understand that Riot has to support itself financially, but in all excuses, who the hell pays almost 10 bucks for a palette swap? And I could buy IP boosts instead of paying 520 Riot Points for yet another pointless skin.

I honestly think the skins price should be lowered by a notch.

sdjaks

12-14-2009

I don't really understand why some are more expensive than the others, especially when Twitch is already expensive as far as champion prices go.

That being said, buy the cheap ones. I <3 my Sasquatch Nunu!

12-14-2009

Quote:
Sefam:
I never actually looked at skins before this Ashe skin announcement.

I am appalled, horrified and backstabbed by the draconian prices for the skins. I understand that Riot has to support itself financially, but in all excuses, who the hell pays almost 10 bucks for a palette swap? And I could buy IP boosts instead of paying 520 Riot Points for yet another pointless skin.

I honestly think the skins price should be lowered by a notch.

I got flamed when I made this thread last time.

Gl/wthat.

I agree though.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

12-14-2009

There are a couple of threads on this, so welcome to the party...
If you feel skins are not worth the price, then don't buy them. Voice your opinion by not spending your money.

Sefam

Recruiter

12-14-2009

Quote:
EncasedShadow:
There are a couple of threads on this, so welcome to the party...
If you feel skins are not worth the price, then don't buy them. Voice your opinion by not spending your money.

I bought the Collector's Pack and the Champion's Bundle and you tell me to not buy the skins if I feel they are too pricey?

I think I have somewhat a right to complain here! Those skins would probably sell better if they didn't cost so much.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

12-14-2009

Quote:
Sefam:
I bought the Collector's Pack and the Champion's Bundle and you tell me to not buy the skins if I feel they are too pricey?

I think I have somewhat a right to complain here!

Didn't say you didn't have a right to complain. I just said that rather than making another thread, convince your friends not to buy the skins. Obviously Riot is making enough skin sales to justify the price, the only one they are discounting is the Ashe skin, and only for 24 hours.

Zerdo

12-14-2009

I just hope the holiday skins aren't something like $15, considering they're much higher quality than the ones we currently have available. I really would like to buy all these new skins coming out, but at the same time I'd have to be either extremely rich or extremely stupid.

Sefam

Recruiter

12-14-2009

Quote:
EncasedShadow:
Didn't say you didn't have a right to complain. I just said that rather than making another thread, convince your friends not to buy the skins. Obviously Riot is making enough skin sales to justify the price, the only one they are discounting is the Ashe skin, and only for 24 hours.

That's like selling an object twice the price then selling it the original price and saying it's a discount.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

12-14-2009

Quote:
Sefam:
That's like selling an object twice the price then selling it the original price and saying it's a discount.

Stores often have markups on items, and then discount it in order to drive sales. Its how most retail stores work.

Miirik

12-14-2009

I wish they would show skin prices even if you don't have the darn champion >_<!!!! I don't know what any of the prices are! (since I only unlocked rammus and his skin is for closed beta folks sigh... and i like that skin too... bowser)

so yeah... if anyone could tell me skin prices that would be frikken awesome! I do like the snowbunny nidella ^_^ i finally have a job and money o_o can i buy points online with a visa gift card that i can get from my local bank? O_o