Nunu - The Absolute Zero Hero (Laner)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chutzpahnaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-16-2009

nunu is played extremely often in high elo games...just not in the manner you describe.

He, along with cho'gath, are the tanks of choice.

SubtlePanda

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
As said above, Rod of Ages should be taken ASAP, really. More health, more mana, and AP. After this, I basically never run out of mana, even though I don't have any regen items.
I agree here, but try to get early blood boil on escapes... or heal haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
I keep waiting to hear about the nerf... and yet nobody plays him!
He's actually really super frustrating sometimes. His defining moment is finally getting that Absolute Zero off - but so many things interrupt it. Karthus little dot interrupts it. It's... crazy. A good team will pretty much never let you get an Ulti off (they see you, they focus on you, you run away, they focus on someone else - you got low health and can't tank the damage to AZ anymore OR you start AZ with cleanse, they throw everything at you, but after 2 seconds someone still has a CC... or you die...) It's... intense. Haha.

Rudeboymike

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtlePanda View Post
Karthus little dot interrupts it. It's... crazy.
No it doesn't. If you are talkin about his little bomb thing

ArmedMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

I wouldn't recommend Nashor's. It has no place in either the tank or AP build. With just it, you won't be doing enough damage for the attack speed to be useful. Better to get more AP + Health items. If you do get Nashor's you need to get frozen Mallot, for dmg + extra slow, but I find it's not necessary since you can ice blast, ulti, boil, blast, flash, blast, kill, with a consume somewhere in there too.

You should organize this a little more and add more gameplay strats. But it's one of the better guides for Nunu here.

question though.... I haven't been able to figure out if Rylai's stacks with ice blast. Seems like it's worth it for him even if it doesn't though. However, if it turns out that it doesn't, it might make sense to only finish it when you actually need inv space.

can someone clarify that for me?

SubtlePanda

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedMonkey View Post
I wouldn't recommend Nashor's. It has no place in either the tank or AP build. With just it, you won't be doing enough damage for the attack speed to be useful. Better to get more AP + Health items. If you do get Nashor's you need to get frozen Mallot, for dmg + extra slow, but I find it's not necessary since you can ice blast, ulti, boil, blast, flash, blast, kill, with a consume somewhere in there too.
Nashor's puts your Ice Ball at around 4 seconds. You can chain slow a champ by iceball, autoattack, iceball, autoattack forever... Great way to finish an enemy, esp. with a physical dps friend. It's like a longer exhaust on 4 second cool down that deals damage. Attack speed helps you proc visionary. I agree, better to get more AP/Health, but Nashor's is very synergistic with NuNu. (The Mana Regen also helps.)

Quote:
You should organize this a little more and add more gameplay strats. But it's one of the better guides for Nunu here.
Thanks

Quote:
question though.... I haven't been able to figure out if Rylai's stacks with ice blast.
Rylai's is nice, but I've never used it. I honestly don't know if it stacks, but even if it does, Ice Ball already slows enough and lasts longer than 1.5 seconds. The only benefit Rylai's gives is that it pumps AP and Health. I feel you are more efficient with your gold going for Rod of Ages, (which gives Mana as well.)

SoopaTomato

Recruiter

02-26-2010

would you still recommend warmog's if the opposing team has more than 2 casters?

what should nunu do if the entire team is composed of casters (yes kind of unlikely.. but eh)

Scylin

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopaTomato View Post
would you still recommend warmog's if the opposing team has more than 2 casters?

what should nunu do if the entire team is composed of casters (yes kind of unlikely.. but eh)
Take items with magic defense eh?... Warmog's is usually a rush item and by then you shouldn't be too concerned about a hell lot of magic damage, so it's still good to get warmog's, I'd suggest going banshee's after that and just pump in magic defense...

Jamoki

05-08-2010

meh ok build. I haven't lost a round as nunu yet and i've been getting the ruby crystal, laning to lvl 8, and then buying banshee veil straight up as my first trip back. following that up with boots of swiftness. Then its either randuin's omen, mejais, gaurdian angel, ROA, or Rylais. I prefer Randuin's since i can get the gold boost from heart of gold while I build it.

If you can get to lvl 8 with out going back once, I garauntee you that you will get a 25 minute surrender.

sser

05-08-2010

Nunu is a walking CC magnet. Banshee's Veil is an absolute must and should probably be the #1 priority item.