Counter to Kat mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThanksALatte

05-06-2010

Looking for what to do against a Kat that solos mid with Fortitude potion and 5 health potions. She has a really good harass and with that combo is unharassable herself. Best I can do is let her free farm and try to last hit myself. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Ontain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

that's probably your best bet and wait out the potion. if you can stay about even with her on creep kills you'll be ahead because her investment in the fort pot will wasted if she can't either farm more than you or push you out.

Nuwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-06-2010

Healing reduction>hp pots. That said, if you're not using a champion with healing reduction like Kat or Gangplank, waiting the 4 minutes is probably your best bet.

sainthero

05-06-2010

pill back buy pots and magic resist.

cheeeya

Recruiter

05-06-2010

Cho'gath. Or counter with a Shaco starting with pot of fort

Kriptini

05-06-2010

Heimerdinger pretty much counters anyone early game, but Tristana, Shen, Mundo, and Ezrael work well too.

Polly

05-06-2010

Oops double post

Polly

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
Heimerdinger pretty much counters anyone early game, but Tristana, Shen, Mundo, and Ezrael work well too.
Lol ThanksALatte are you one of the people I fought today? o.o Your name is familiar.

In my experience whenever I solo mid with Katarina, the only people that I've actually gone against 1v1 and had trouble with is

Cho'gath
Heimerdinger
Ezreal

I've never seen a Shen solo mid and I've never seen a Mundo solo mid.

Tristana is easy for me solo mid. All I have to do is the same thing I do to Teemo, Ashe, or Twitch.

Merovinge

05-06-2010

The only reason kat comes out on top mid is that her item builds include 5-6 health potions. If the player you are up against also has that many health pots (say a trist), you wont be beating them, but can probably stay alive.

Polly

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovinge View Post
The only reason kat comes out on top mid is that her item builds include 5-6 health potions. If the player you are up against also has that many health pots (say a trist), you wont be beating them, but can probably stay alive.
Depends on skill and perception.