Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zilean Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cabtn

Recruiter

12-14-2009

Hey there i was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions/tips on how to play/build Zilean.

An AP build would be nice as well as a Support build please. Preciate it

Epistemic

Recruiter

12-14-2009

I go for innervating locket, and then cd reduction items. Works out well for me. I don't build AP on Zilean at the moment, because cleanse removes the time bomb, so I go for more team support (via cd reduction).

A few tips:
1) If an enemy is getting away, give the speed boost to whatever teammate has a stun/snare/slow, so your team can catch up to them.
2) If your team's carry is going down, put chronoshift on them (try to wait till they get low hp, but don't wait too long, better early than never; worst case, the enemy team will see it and switch targets)
3) If the enemy has low hp and they are tower hugging, or they run everytime you come close, give yourslef speed boost, sprint in and time bomb them, then get out.
4) Enemy towers won't change targets from your creeps to you until your timebomb does damage to the enemy champion, so you can walk in under a creep shield and bomb anyone you like fairly easily.

nicosharp

12-14-2009

innervating locket is a joke.. (the heal helps at times, but seems like a waste)
go for tear of the goddess first, then fiendish codex, then complete nashors tooth, then complete archangel's staff. then completely your 40% cooldown with 1 of many items.. Id recommend haunting Guise or something similiar.

Epistemic

Recruiter

12-15-2009

If you're the only support then it's semi-useful. I like to use it on Soraka, and I get it on Zilean because there's usually no other healers (it's not much, but as you said it does help).

drunkie

12-15-2009

When I play Zilean I like to use Messiah's build, which is.

Doran's Ring
Chalice
Normal Boots
Rod of Ages
Merc Treads
Frozen Heart
Banshee's Veil

If you have a decent team you should usually do extremely well with this build.

Squirrel Lord

Recruiter

12-15-2009

I go:

Tear
Boots 1
Archangel Staff
Upgrade boots
Frozen Heart

If games go longer than that, get Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel. You will become the most annoying person on your team.

sdjaks

12-15-2009

Meki/health pots
Philosopher's
Merc Treads
Glacial Shroud 20% CD Red (immediately upgrade to Frozen Core if they have lots of physical) lest
Arch Staff
Frozen Core 25% (if not already purchased)
Soul Shroud (40% cd reduction)

rEv3

12-15-2009

Rod of Ages
Stark's Fervor
Frozen Heart